Author Topic: Renewal App Question  (Read 3202 times)

Ravensfootball56

Renewal App Question
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »
This may have already been answered somewhere down the line before but I havent found it yet.  I am preparing my renewal app (My current permit expires 5/31/13) My concern is with the recent anti gun attitude our government is moving toward which has led to an increase in CCDW permit apps, the wait time will more than likely be longer than normal.  So my question is as long as i have my paperwork in by the expiration date am I still good to go in the event that it takes longer than 5/31 to get my renewal back to me.  Granted I'm not waiting until 5/30 to submit, I hope to have it in by the end of the month!
BS

Kimber HD

Re: Renewal App Question
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 06:25:31 PM »
Section 6. Amend §1442, Title 11 of the Delaware Code by adding thereto a new paragraph at the end of the section to read as follows:

“It shall be a defense that the defendant has been issued an otherwise valid license to carry a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to terms of § 1441 of this title, where (1) the license has expired, (2) the person had applied for renewal of said license within the allotted time frame prior to expiration of the license, and (3) the offense is alleged to have occurred while the application for renewal of said license was pending before the Court.”.

http://delcode.delaware.gov/sessionlaws/ga145/chp313.shtml

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
I hand delivered mine on 2 Jan.  I had the original and 2 copies.  I requested they stamp mine (3rd copy).  So I have that, the receipt, and a copy of the law if I need it.

Little CYA there.... I'm expecting the delay too.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

aibill

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 12:24:28 AM »
I also filed my renewal on Jan 2, about 9:00am[thaks guys for the heads up on early filing]. The Prothonotary [sussex county] told me it should only take 3-4 weeks. Also I think I heard the renewals will be proccessed before the reg apps.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »
With the law (see reply 1 above), I can see them taking their time.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 03:26:59 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. Ill be taking mine up there today!
BS