Author Topic: Biden Calls on "Legitimate Media" For Gun Control Coverage  (Read 2117 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Biden Calls on "Legitimate Media" For Gun Control Coverage
« on: February 12, 2013, 08:23:36 PM »
There is an old joke that asks "How can you tell if a politician is lying?"  Answer: His mouth is moving.  

I do not quite know how to put these two stories together but I will try.  Uncle Joe is trying to call on media to cover the White House gun proposals from their point of view and not that of gun control opponents.

we’re counting on all of you, the legitimate news media to cover these discussions because the truth is that times have changed,” Biden added, warning that people would continue to “misrepresent” the White House's plans for gun control.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/biden-were-counting-on-legitimate-media-for-successful-gun-control-effort/article/2521184

So, basically he is circling the wagons of the media that is already in their back pocket to reinforce their message and drown out the message of others.  

But what about when the liberal's message is wrong?  Wrap your mind around this for a moment.

Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy implored the press Monday to stop characterizing the city as being strict on guns.

“One of the things that I would like to again try to clear up, and I ask you to please stop adopting the rhetoric of the gun advocates,” Mr. McCarthy said. “Chicago does not have strict gun laws.”

“The state of Illinois does not have strict gun laws,” he continued.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/11/police-superintendent-chicago-no-strict-gun-laws/

This is a full court press for the MSM to stop reporting facts and instead continue to be sock puppets for the left.  This is truly sad and what is worse is that the media gladly follow along.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
Re: Biden Calls on "Legitimate Media" For Gun Control Coverage
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
The left-wing media, and press, has given us only biased reporting, half truths, distortions, and outright lies for many years.To expect anything else is beyond niave.

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: Biden Calls on "Legitimate Media" For Gun Control Coverage
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »
The left-wing media, and press, has given us only biased reporting, half truths, distortions, and outright lies for many years.To expect anything else is beyond niave.

Viewership drives ad sales.  Don't watch it or read it. Don't buy it! Hard to do all the time we need to starve the beast!
Proud resident of Kent County DE