Author Topic: Maryland CCW  (Read 3561 times)

Newlife503

• Life Member
Maryland CCW
« on: February 13, 2013, 06:30:20 PM »
NOTICE RELATED TO HANDGUN PERMITS:
On March 2, 2012, the United States District Court for the District of Maryland ruled that Maryland’s requirement of a, “Good and substantial reason,” in MD Public Safety Ann Code §5-306 for issuance of a handgun permit is, “Insufficiently tailored to the State’s interest in public safety and crime prevention.” The State of Maryland subsequently filed an appeal and requested a Stay from the Fourth Circuit.
On August 1, 2012, the 4th Circuit granted a Stay.  This means that the State Police are obligated to continue to apply the law to all permit applications as enacted by the Maryland General Assembly including the, “Good and substantial reason,” requirement. As of this date, we do not know how long the stay will be in effect. The Fourth Circuit is scheduled to hear the case in late October of 2012. We do not have any information on when a decision will be made by the appellate court.
As of January 17, 2013, we do not have any information on when a decision will be made by the court.
In the interim, please remember that, due to the stay, submission and verification of a good and substantial reason will still be required before a handgun carry permit can be issued. Please do not submit applications for a carry permit without a good and substantial reason. If you do, your permit application will be denied and funds forfeited.

Any idea what the status of this is?  Should I have hope that there might be a chance to pick up this permit soon? That would be great, I wouldn't feel so land locked.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Maryland CCW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »
I wouldn't get my hopes up for Maryland. They are worse politicaly that Delaware. I have an aquaintance in the Md. Legislature that put a bill in last year for reciprocity between Md &De. It was killed and in todays atmosphere I doubt if it would fly at all. She has no plans of introducing another bill as of now.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »
Well that sucks! Thanks!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 07:50:54 PM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:56:20 PM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 02:29:01 AM »
Still sitting in a "holding pattern" waiting of CA4 to decide. \

I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.