Author Topic: New Aimpoint H1 for DD (Pics)  (Read 5773 times)

Thlax

New Aimpoint H1 for DD (Pics)
« on: February 14, 2013, 04:40:29 AM »
Not sure where to post this, but because its going on my DD a couple threads below, thought I would share here.

Purchased an Aimpoint Micro H1 with a DD mount. Unfortunately the Aimpoint didn't come with screws, because I purchased an Aimpoint w/o a base, then the DD mount separately. Therefore I have some screws arriving in a few days. Otherwise...its aweeesomeee.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: New Aimpoint H1 for DD (Pics)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 10:45:44 AM »
Very nice! Need pics with it on the DD. : ) ill be looking for one in a few months also. Iron sights are nice but looking to add a dot myself. Need a rail so it clears the front sight pin also. Any suggestions for this?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
Nice and compact. Love it!
New Castle County

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »
Nice!

CMF

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 01:34:18 AM »
Great sight! Can't wait to see your fully dressed DD AR!
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

jopy2020

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 12:45:02 AM »
I have the T1 micro on my AK and AR, and would not trade them for nothing. I was running an Eotech 557 w/ FTS 3X Magnifier, but switched to the Aimpoint. Much better field of view.
NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Rifle)
Sussex County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 01:18:23 AM »
How would the Aimpoint look with the 3x magnifier. Do you think the aimpoint has better field of view than the EOtech straight up (no magnifier)?
New Castle County

jopy2020

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 01:50:10 AM »
I have the more full bodied(older model) Eotech 557, so I do think that the field of view is significantly less pertaining to peripheral sight outside the optic. Inside the optic itself, the Aimpoint has a more narrow tunnel of sight, whereas the Eotech is more open, but you lose the peripheral with the Eotech. Hopefully that makes sense for you. I don't know how it would look w/ 3x magnifier, but the Eotech has a pretty significant increase. You are not going to shoot a target a mile away or anything, but it has it's advantages. I have not had any issue with my Aimpoint @ 100 yds, but I really have not pushed past that distance with it. I can hit 300 + meter target with iron sights no problem, so I would say it is possible with the my Aimpoint red dot.
NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Rifle)
Sussex County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 03:10:35 AM »
I understand what you're saying. I have the EOtech XPS2 and the 3X on my mini14. Really like the Aimpoint micro as well. My XPS2 is about the same height and width as the 557, but not as long. So basically the same as the length won't affect peripheral vision. It is a large sight.
New Castle County