Author Topic: SHTF Gear ACE-1 Holster  (Read 14279 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
SHTF Gear ACE-1 Holster
« on: February 17, 2013, 10:35:25 PM »
I recently switched my everyday carry firearm from a Glock 19 back to a Sig Sauer P225 / P6 and needed a new holster. After looking at what has been my all time favorite holster manufacture Crossbreed Holsters and seeing that the wait time for a SuperTuck is now 4 to 6 weeks I felt that that was an unacceptable wait time, and started to look for a different style holster. What I found is SHTF Gear and their ACE-1 Holster.  My first impression was it looks almost exactly like the Crossbreed SuperTuck but with the combat cut. This is standard on the ACE-1. SHTF Gear advertises a shipping time of 7 to 10 business days as opposed to 4 to 6 weeks for the SuperTuck. SHTF Gear ACE-1 holsters come with a lifetime warranty just like the Crossbreed SuperTuck, however the ACE-1 has a lifetime belt clip warranty.

The cost difference between the SuperTuck and the ACE-1 before S&H is The SuperTuck with combat cut is $77.25 and the ACE-1 is $59.95. Both holsters have the kydex mold riveted to the leather but the ACE-1 also has Kevlar stitching to add additional support.

The big difference between the two holsters is the back of the holster is dyed black on the ACE-1 where the SuperTuck is unfinished leather. (As of today I have not noticed any bleeding of the dye onto me or my clothing).

Pro's
* Adjustable ride height and cant
* Each is custom made
* good retention
* comfortable for all day carry
* metal belt clip
* Tuck-able
* Available for most firearms.

SHTF Gear also offers 10% discount for Military and LEO and 5% for active NRA members, (Coupon Codes Military: MIL-10 Law Enforcement: LEO-10 NRA Discount: NRA-5).  

When I first opened the package I was very impressed with the quality of the holster, it felt very sturdy and the leather felt thicker then the SuperTuck. I found the metal belt clips to be nice and sturdy, I truly can't say I find anything "cheap" with this holster. I have been wearing this holster for about 4 days now and can say it has been as comfortable as any SuperTuck holster I have ever worn. For those of you who are looking for a new everyday IWB carry holster you will not be disappointed with the ACE-1 holster.

If you have any questions about SHTF Gear holsters you can contact the Owner Clay Moultrie at SHTF Gear's website at www.shtfgear.com. SHTF Gear holsters may be purchased at their website, eBay or amazon.com.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:28:32 AM by Sigarms12 »
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

CMF

Re: SHTF Gear ACE-1 Holster
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:30:22 AM »
Nice review Sig. Crossbreed style is my favorite when the G19 is concealed also.
CMF
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »
Thanks for the review. I've been looking at both this and the Crossbreed. Leaning more towards the for both the cost and much quicker shipping times. Custom or not 4-6 weeks is simply not acceptable IMO and means they need to hire additional staff. I have heard from 1 person of dye bleeding but that's it. I'd love to see a follow up posting in a month or so of your use and if there has been any bleeding at all.

Thanks

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 01:14:55 AM »
Custom or not 4-6 weeks is simply not acceptable IMO...

I guess you're not interested in custom orders from Milt Sparks, then, which can take up to six months!

Good stuff when it comes in, though.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 03:58:27 AM »
Custom or not 4-6 weeks is simply not acceptable IMO...

I guess you're not interested in custom orders from Milt Sparks, then, which can take up to six months!

Good stuff when it comes in, though.

You'd guess right. I don't doubt it's a great product. : )

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 10:11:16 PM »
I never thought I would like these type of tuck hoslters, but I got a desantis style one like this for my colt 1911 and it is really comfortable. The only thing I dont like is i have not yet found how to carry with my shirt tucked in and it look right with this.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 12:56:42 AM »
This is a follow up to my review one year later, no dye bleeding and still going strong with little to no wear. A++ IMO
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Robert Williams

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 06:25:57 PM »
I am also looking for something like that. Does this holster work with the a Glock42 w/ Crimson Trace laser guard accessory attached? Is it fit on the side or in the small of back or both?