Author Topic: Re-Introduction!  (Read 4863 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
Re-Introduction!
« on: March 04, 2013, 01:28:39 AM »
Holy Jeepers!!!   I took a hiatus for a few months and this forum has exploded!  That is FANTASTIC!!!!  I thought since I've been away for a bit and there are so many new members that I'd re-introduce myself to the group. 

I'm in Harrington now...  (formerly in the Middletown area), I've had my permit for a few years and I carry daily.  What I carry depends on what I'm wearing LOL... no, really it does.  I'm always up for a trip to the range if anyone wants some company. I'm in the process of taking NRA courses to become an instructor... still a ways to go. 

I originally stumbled upon this great group of folks when I was going through the process of getting my CCW I think it's been 4 years now? Maybe 3. Then, I was the first and only female on the boards! But am very happy to see more women have joined!  I have enjoyed the sharing of opinions, information, and jesting with this group. I love that people are so willing to share information, answer questions and it's not a pissing match.

I'll be here for a few more months...  I'm processing now for a contracting job in Afghanistan.  No tentative ship date yet.  But I'll holler at you guys before I leave!

Stay Safe out there!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Re-Introduction!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 03:20:31 AM »
Welcome back Moosie. Missed your wit and common sense.
New Castle County

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 09:12:20 AM »
Welcome back. ;D

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »
See, I told you people here she escaped from the evil gnomes....
http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=2278.0
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:59:56 AM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 12:39:10 PM »
Moosie:  Look.  The brochures are just not very accurate.  Afghanistan has no beaches, no resorts, no water skiing, no 5 star restaurants and no night life at all.  Now check out Uzbekistan!  Now there’s a happening place!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:19:03 PM by Obleo »
Proud resident of Kent County DE

anjdrifter

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 09:39:24 PM »
You stay safe over there..I have a few friends who went over contracting(all came back) and we had a few crash courses in some techniques...
Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

Gorski

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 11:47:31 AM »
Glad to see your back
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 12:00:08 AM »
Thanks, Guys!  Its nice to be back. 

Obleo... are you sure? I've been promised fantastic views of the night life, fireworks every night, smells that I'll never forget.  :)   I have 2 friends who are in Uzbekistan.  they said I'll have more fun then they are.  Hmmm..  maybe I should ask them to define fun. 

Radnor, You weren't supposed to spill the beans about the gnomes!!  I still have nightmares about the Expedia gnome.  LOL 

I'm looking forward to all the wit, information, and of course the discussions with everyone.  I've missed you guys! 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 11:59:41 AM »
You left ???   When did that happen??
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 04:18:41 PM »
Sig, don't push my buttons LOL. 

Moosie

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 12:17:48 PM »
I'm so not going there.....
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 03:37:08 PM »
See?!  You're learning.  LOL