Author Topic: Any members of the Delaware State Sportsmen's Association?  (Read 4730 times)

kent

Any members of the Delaware State Sportsmen's Association?
« on: March 05, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »
I received an email on Sunday March 3rd  from the D.S.S.A. about a 2nd Amendment Freedom Rally in Annapolis, Md. on March 5th. This was sponsored by the NRA. I was wondering why the D.S.S.A. has no way of contacting them except by USPS. It would have been nice if a few of us were able to car pool or rent a bus and go to the Rally. I realize everyone has busy lives and I am certainly NOT bashing any organization but thought they could have organized a bus trip to show support.  Maybe their Mission is only Legislative. Just Curious
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Re: Any members of the Delaware State Sportsmen's Association?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:04:49 AM »
Do you feel that joining the DSSA is worthwhile? Their web site is not up to date on current events.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:48:29 AM »
Seniorgeek: Yes, I am member and there are others on here as well. DSSA was instrumental in getting these things below done

The DSSA promotes and protects the interests of gunowners in and around Delaware. If you believe in and want to maintain the private ownership of firearms, or simply hunt and fish, DSSA is for YOU.

A person has the right to keep and bear, arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use. Delaware Constitution Article I, Section 20. This 1987 amendment to the Delaware Constitution was the culmination of two years of effort by the DSSA. Because of the work of the DSSA and its members, the “right to keep and bear arms” is now enshrined as a fundamental right.

Previously, the DSSA fought for and obtained passage of legislation that prohibits counties, towns and cities from passing any new gun control ordinances. Thanks to the DSSA, laws are uniform throughout Delaware. Unlike many states, you may travel anywhere in the state without fear of violating local laws concerning sporting equipment that you use for hunting, competition or recreation. For over 20 years, the DSSA has stood ever vigilant in defense of the right to keep and bear arms. Through our efforts, with the support of the National Rifle Association, the rights of the people of, Delaware have not been compromised. The law abiding gun owner is under attack like never before. The news media, in concert with intellectually corrupt politicians, are trying to convince the public that your guns are the crime problem in Delaware. We cannot let them get away with this deception. In 1776 our Founding Fathers fought a war to establish these rights. However, the fight is never over. We must again join the battle to defeat those who would render us defenseless.

“A free people ought to be armed . . . ” George Washington

Need I say more? except "Join"
New Castle County

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 01:35:45 AM »
Thank you for your comment. I will surely join.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 01:42:53 AM »
No; Thank you, and for your service.

New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 10:18:22 AM »
We joined last month.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

kent

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 12:28:39 PM »
The past President of the D.S.S.A. has recently passed away and the new President is John Sigler, past President of the NRA. Since Mr. Thompson's Passing the Web site may not have been kept up-to-date. Many of us are not computer savvy which may be the case. John Sigler and other members of the D.S.S.A. Spend many hours in Legislative Hall fighting for our Rights. JOET, Your comment was well written.   
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 04:41:30 PM »
I joined last month. I've been a member of the NRA for years, but wanted something more local. DSSA is a "Friends of NRA" organization. I feel that, with John Sigler at the helm we have a well respected voice in the Legislature. He is nationally known from his days at the head of the NRA. Delaware Legislators will know they are not fooling with an amature in this fight against saving our 2nd Amendment Rights. The DSSA is the voice of gun owners in Delaware. They are the group that has done the most for gun owners in Delaware. They are where our greatest chance of winning stands. I recommend you join and be a part of it.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 09:04:49 PM »
Just downloaded the application and will send it in this week. I want to help out this group especially as I see our 2nd amendment right disappearing right before my eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 02:30:03 AM »
There is also another group out there that has just started up that will also be trying to defend our 2A rights. Go to fsffa.org and check the group out.

thanks
New Castle County