Author Topic: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Bill (H.R. 197)  (Read 10358 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Bill (H.R. 197)
« on: March 31, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »
This is a bill that needs your support.  I just e-mailed our beloved  congressman (:P) asking him to support this bill. The following is a text of that message.

I believe you should support and vote for the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Bill (H.R. 197). This legislation would protect the rights of licensed firearm permit holders by allowing them to carry firearms across the country without a confusing patchwork system.  This would require states to recognize other states concealed carry permits just as they recognize their driver's license.  This is a chance for you to take a stand for the rights of responsible gun owners of not just the state of Delaware, but nationwide.

I would suggest that all of you do the same.  He can be contacted through the following web site:

http://www.castle.house.gov/

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 08:53:02 PM by Sigarms12 »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Bill (H.R. 197)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 05:36:52 PM »
Everybody I highly suggest you take a moment and send a email asking our Representatives to support this, I cant stress enough how important this is.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 11:40:26 PM by SigP250 »
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 12:45:55 AM »
Finally got a reply.  I originally wrote Castle back on March 31, here it is August 15.  Mr. Castle writes, in part,
"I support the right of an individual to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the Second Amendment to the Constitution. However, I believe that with this right comes a responsibility to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists, criminals, children, and the mentally ill.  O am not aware that this legislation is currently under review in the United States House of Representatives, but please be assured that I will keep your views in mind should I have the opportunity to vote on H/R/ 197 in the 111th Congress."
"I will keep your views in mind" this from the guy who co-sponsored the supposed Gun Show loop hole bill. 
Although I appreciate the letter (not an e-mail), I know a kiss-off when I see one.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 09:41:14 PM »
Hawkeye got the same letter the other day in the mail I think probably the same day and I agree I was very disappointed in the response. I know who I will NOT vote for in the next election.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.