Author Topic: DSSA meets with Gov staff.  (Read 4526 times)

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
DSSA meets with Gov staff.
« on: March 06, 2013, 11:53:05 PM »
http://www.wdel.com/story.php?id=49512

"It appeared as if we were being asked to more or less bless (Gov. Markell's package of gun control measures) rather than give any real input or an opportunity to make substantive suggestions. That was a disappointment," says association spokesman Tom Shellenberger.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: DSSA meets with Gov staff.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 11:57:30 PM »
Typical of any meeting with a Delaware Democrat Politician. They only want to talk at you, not with you. Been there, done that.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:48:54 AM »
I applaud the DSSA for making the effort, unfortunately they got the response I expected.  It seems that markell is hell bent on following obama's useless lead.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 02:32:20 AM »
As expected
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 05:08:13 AM »
Really.. Does anyone think for a second Markell, Biben or other anti-gunners are going to change their minds? I mean it really doesn't matter if they had been granted a voice or not at such a meeting. For that matter talking to most politicians falls on deaf ears and is a waste of breath. These type of issues are settled / determined by how much money passes hands. While there are some pro-gun 2nd amendment politicians who can't be bought many others could be bought with bathroom/restaurant deals which help their own agendas.

I hate being the party pooper but that's the way US politics has always been to some degree, though over the last 30-40 years its completely gone down the crapper for the people. The NRA pays politicians (buying votes) to help their campaigns, etc and anti-gunners are buying votes through Bloomberg, etc. I even saw where they were paying people to go door to door spreading anti-gun propaganda sometime over the last week or so.

I've done the emails, phone calls, mailed letters, etc to the politicians. Every single reply, except one, was a form letter and reading between the BS you pretty much know how they plan to vote. Every single time I replied back I either received the exact same form letter or nothing at all. I continue every other week but I honestly don't know why. Perhaps it's the positive nature of this site and my relatively new found enjoyment of guns that keeps me doing so. The day of "We The People" having much voice in this country is long gone and it'll never come back.. peacefully anyways.

I read something the other day.. "Rights aren't rights if they can be taken away. They are privileges. That's all this country has ever really had.. A Bill of Temporary Privileges."

Lawyers, politicians (1 in the same these days) with the big corporations and hushed secret societies have made sure of this and every single year they get fewer and fewer.. Usually for our own protection they tell us.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 12:26:29 PM »
For those who have had the honor of meeting real leaders the contrast with politicians is just unbearable.  The main difference is the selflessness and genuine focus of true leaders.  These great Americans are certainly smart enough to know that they could never enter the world of deceit without disappointing all those that they truly care for.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 11:05:25 PM »
This is a excerp from the DSSA news letter about the meeerting:

Delaware State Sportsmen's Association Meets with Governor's Staff Meeting "cordial but unproductive."

Wilmington, Delaware, March 5, 2013:

On February 25, 2013, representatives of the Delaware State Sportsmen's Association, including Board Member Jeff Hague and Public Information Officer Thomas D. Shellenberger and others, met with representatives from Governor Markell's staff and the staff of Delaware Attorney General Joseph R. "Beau" Biden III. Neither the Governor nor the Attorney General attended. While the meeting was cordial, it was unproductive.

The purpose of the meeting was to obtain input from gun owners representatives on new legislation to promote safety in Delaware schools. DSSA eagerly participated in this meeting in the hope that both the Governor and the Attorney General were truly interested in obtaining our input into community safety and security issues. Unfortunately, that was not their agenda and for that reason we were deeply disappointed. This meeting apparently more about being able to say that they had met with us than an effort to obtaining our perspective on the issues that are truly of importance to Delaware's law abiding citizens."

Talking to these Liberal/Progressive bone heads is like talking to a cinderblock.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 11:21:57 PM »
   They wanted to meet with DSSA to say, DSSA is in favor of the bans..

MARK MY WORDS.     

Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 11:55:05 PM »
They just wanted them there to say they were included in the talks. But they were not interested in listening.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative