Author Topic: Letter to the Lieutenant Governor  (Read 2492 times)

SeanM

• FSFFA
Letter to the Lieutenant Governor
« on: March 07, 2013, 03:37:33 PM »
I sent a letter to the Lt. Gov. this morning, in response to the communications that his office has been putting out.  I sincerely doubt it will make a difference, as I also doubt that I will get a meaningful response back from him.  However, we cannot give up trying.  Here's the link to the letter I sent:

http://fsffa.org/letter-to-the-lieutenant-governor

Sean
Rights, like muscles, need to be exercised regularly, however painful, lest they become useless.

hellyes

Re: Letter to the Lieutenant Governor
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 04:30:37 PM »
Very well written. Good luck getting anything other than a canned response though.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 04:45:48 PM »
Well written Sean and many great points. I especially liked this reminder.. "The Governor and the Lieutenant Governor have a duty to uphold the Constitutions of Delaware and the United States, not to protect the public." This is something most politicians seem to ignore.

I'd like to read a follow up post that you've been invited for a sit down and discussion about these matters. I'd love to read a follow up to that post that they actually listen. Sadly I fear it falls on deaf or ignorant ears most of the time. Hence their polite form letters.

Keep up the great work and good luck!

Fishhunter911

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 05:56:16 PM »
Sean I posted this over on Deloc but thought I would post it here as well to see if anyone has indeed been contacted or has had a chance to speaker to Lt. Gov. Denn.

I applaud you Sean. Very good letter. I hope he does reach out to discuss it more. One thing I would like to note. I do know a good amount of gun owners here in the State of DE and not one, myself included has been asked our thoughts or contacted in away for us to explain where we stand.

So I ask, just how is he contacting these gun owners and where are they? Because as you know, not one person on here or over on DECCW.com has posted anything about being contacted.

Schmenge

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 02:16:15 PM »
Excellent letter. However, logic never seems to matter to people who let their emotions dictate their actions.

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest submitting your letter to area newspapers so the whole state has a chance to read it.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member