Author Topic: Well...It is here - Firearm Registeration  (Read 14166 times)

SteveMiller

Re: Well...It is here - Firearm Registeration
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 01:39:42 AM »
Joet, I am in longmeadow how about you?
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 01:43:41 AM »
SteveMiller...2 mi from Port Penn..I will send you a PM
New Castle County

anjdrifter

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 11:57:44 PM »
HB 35 has been amended to exclude DECCW holders from additional background checks:

http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis147.nsf/vwLegislation/HA+1+to+HB+35/$file/legis.html?open

Still a no go in my book.  This is them trying to appease the CCDW folks

I just read the bill and don't see where this was included when signed (HB 35 has been amended to exclude DECCW holders from additional background checks:)
am I mis reading and also at one time thought C and R was included (that might have been in Fed one that didn't go) anybody have any better info or interpetations

Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

LightninSVT

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 01:20:40 AM »
http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis147.nsf/db0bad0e2af0bf31852568a5005f0f58/b266963c8b227c1885257b3c0076ad56?OpenDocument

(c)  The provisions of this section shall not apply to:

(1) Transactions in which the potential purchaser or transferee is a parent, mother-in-law, father-in-law,  stepparent, legal guardian, grandparent, child, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, stepchild, grandchild, sibling, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, spouse, or civil union partner of the seller or transferor;

(2) Any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898;

(3)  Any replica of any firearm described in paragraph (b)(2) of this section if such replica:

a. Is not designed or redesigned to use rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition; or

b. Uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade;

(4) Any muzzle loading firearm designed for hunting or competitive shooting not requiring a criminal background check pursuant to federal law;

(5) Transactions in which the potential purchaser or transferee is a qualified active duty law-enforcement officer or a qualified retired law-enforcement officer, as such terms are defined in 11 Del.C. §1441A;

(6) Transactions in which the potential purchaser or transferee holds a current and valid concealed carry permit issued by the Superior Court of the State of Delaware pursuant to §1441 of this title.

(7) Transactions in which the prospective buyer or transferee is a bona fide member or adherent of an organized church or religious group, the tenets of which prohibit photographic identification; provided, however, that no unlicensed person shall sell or transfer any firearm to any such person without having conducted a criminal history background check in accordance with paragraph (f) hereunder to determine whether the sale or transfer would be in violation of federal or state law;

(8 ) Transactions involving the sale or transfer of a curio or relic to a licensed collector, as such terms are defined in 27 C.F.R. § 478.11, as the same may be amended from time to time;

(9) Transactions involving the sale or transfer of a firearm to an authorized representative of the State or any subdivision thereof as part of an authorized voluntary gun buyback program.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:27:11 AM by LightninSVT »

wfd192

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2013, 05:23:51 PM »
I live in the City......I look at this as another feel good bill and that City of Wilmington Council jumped on the band wagon for election season. I repeat....not one of the #$%(ing bills does anything to take guns away from those prohibited or unstable. I see the taxation on firearms being the next step. I will contact a few council members to find out what is up their sleeves. This reminds me that our schools are poor due to limited tax base because of the influx of illegal aliens (which by the way, schools are not allowed to ask) and now by registering and eventually taxing legal gun owners, we will be paying the bills for the illegal gun owners. ???

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2013, 10:06:22 PM »
Twisted...yes this if for the city, but don't be surprised to see the stae change the law to accomodate the city, and include us.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2013, 11:12:02 PM »
I live in the City......I look at this as another feel good bill and that City of Wilmington Council jumped on the band wagon for election season. I repeat....not one of the #$%(ing bills does anything to take guns away from those prohibited or unstable. I see the taxation on firearms being the next step. I will contact a few council members to find out what is up their sleeves. This reminds me that our schools are poor due to limited tax base because of the influx of illegal aliens (which by the way, schools are not allowed to ask) and now by registering and eventually taxing legal gun owners, we will be paying the bills for the illegal gun owners. ???

Agree with you 100%. Some will not see it though until they are tuning in ( or having) their guns taken by federal agents.

There are lots of things they can fix about Wilmington before even worrying about our guns. How about the lack of a father in many households? How about people who keep having kids to keep the checks coming?

Anti-gun politicians worry about how many rounds we carry in magazine or how many rounds one will hold as it relates to crime? If we want to be honest and not worry about inconvenient truths I have an idea that will cut down on crime. I am so sure I would bet my Colt 1911 and my ESP guitar on it along with my Marshall amp. That is how confident I am.

Here is my idea. Instead of worrying about how many rounds our magazines hold worry about how many illegitimate children people are having on the welfare rolls. Someone in public housing, on food stamps, welfare who has no ambition to better themselves has committed fraud by getting pregnant while on the public dough. Since Public assistance is not a right, but a privilege I think norplant as a condition of continuing benefits would probably cut down on the crime rate very significantly over an 18 year period.

Just my thought on something our legislators could work on. The reason they wont is broken homes result in more liberal voters.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"