Author Topic: Canada, ex cop arrested.  (Read 3989 times)

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Canada, ex cop arrested.
« on: March 13, 2013, 10:11:12 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21760065

A former Canadian Mountie has been arrested after police discovered an arsenal of firearms, grenades and a cannon in his home.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: Canada, ex cop arrested.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:20:48 PM »
To me, that there picture is a "darn nice collection" rather than an "arsenal of firearms".
Proud resident of Kent County DE

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 02:04:06 PM »
Canada started out with "simple gun registrations" that begot gun confiscations, that begot no guns allowed at all.
Is that where we want to go? I think not!
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:10:27 AM »
This story unfortunately will lead to the destruction of a nice collection however I agree in the confiscation of it (not the destruction). The ex-mountie was banned from owning them from a prior conviction on weapons charges and legally shouldn't have had them.

Canada's laws and changing and peoples views on firearms are gradually moving from "people don't need firearms" to something a bit more excepting. More and more people are looking at handguns and not just the old shotgun or hunting rifle, of which there are more then you'd believe in Canada!

Strum.. there wasn't really a total ban on guns like other places however the restrictions were quite harsh for awhile. Today you can own a lot of different types of firearms in Canada including handguns (4.14" barrel or longer), semi-auto rifles and even the evil black gun. You just need to follow the rules set, which I've found, while a pita, is not that much work. See my post in this section for more info on Canada and guns.