Author Topic: Millers Guns Sells Out  (Read 22777 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Millers Guns Sells Out
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:15:12 PM »
Fond this letter on Facebook, it appears Millers Guns has Sold Out. I will never step foot in there again.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:58:42 PM by Sigarms12 »
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Re: Millers Guns Sells Out
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:37:05 PM »
I did not like the place to begin with. Every time I had been in there the staff was either short, did not seem to want to help or was not knowlegable. I am sure everyone there might not be like that but it does seem that is a pattern.

For what its worth the reason he might support this is because they are hoping they will actually get some business doing transfers. Most people seem to prefer x-ring, shooters choice, or targetmaster.

I hope this circulates to all gun owners.

He who is not with us is against us.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:37:55 PM »
Sounds like the word  "BOYCOTT" is appropriate for Miller's
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Trapper

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »
Of course they support the bill. How much money will they make off of the encroachment of our freedom? I will spend my money elsewhere. That were always rude anyways. Treat you like they are the only place in town.
Esophageal Atresia Awareness

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 12:09:35 AM »
That store has sucked for awhile now, more reasons to never go back.  And of course they support it they think it will make them money, too bad no one will walk in the door now.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 12:58:44 AM »
Don't see myself visiting this place. I prefer to try and buy accessories and ammo I don't shoot a ton of locally. Firearms also as long as they aren't too much more than online. However supporting any of these new bills just tells me to stay away.

raymond2688

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 01:28:35 AM »
I have been debating wether to voice my opinion but decided I should. I have a small gun shop and I see the side that you guys dont. I will use the most extreme case that happened recently as an example. customer comes in wants 3 AR15's I give him the paper work and he says I have to have my wife fill out the paperwork i dont think I can have these (yes he said this to me) giving him the benefit of the doubt I asked was he a felon and he said i dont think so and went into his speech. I told him he will have to do the paperwork so he did and failed, I had atf call for update on address the works. some of his story led me to check the sex offenders list and there he was listed VIOLENT REPEAT OFFENDER. So the background check worked. The next day he comes in with 2 AR15's for me to mount scopes on, yes he bought them from the guide private sales. This happens all the time.

Having said that It bothers me that everyone will boycott millers for there statement. I have never been in millers nor do I know them. I personaly think that requireing people to do background checks on private sales is the only measure our government will impose on us that will do any good. Now I know it will not fix the problem and criminals will always have guns. I personally do not agree with people thinking us gun shops are looking at this as a money maker. I personally hate doing transfers, but i do because it gets me new customers and maybe they will buy from me sometime.

Well Im sure i will be bashed for my comments but oh well

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 01:39:23 AM »
I appreciate everyone's opinion even if I don't agree with them. It sounds like you support the bill.

I am sure people boycotting millers could do the same to your shop if you put the name of it out. I would think if you agree with the bill you should have no issue naming your shop here so people can make an informed choice about where they spend their money.

I do realize background checks are not a horrible idea. the problem is it will just lead to more laws and more laws and then you are out of business because you have hardly any guns to sell and people cant possess them. The problem is people don't always see the big picture.

I mean this as no offense as I don't know you. I plan to boycott millers ( i have already just becuase of service) if you believe in the bill then you should put your shop's name out if you truely believe in the principle.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 01:50:52 AM »
Miller's either never knew or has forgatten the Golden Rule of Business!  They just shat on the customers that made their business work.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 01:54:38 AM »
I have been debating wether to voice my opinion but decided I should. I have a small gun shop and I see the side that you guys dont. I will use the most extreme case that happened recently as an example. customer comes in wants 3 AR15's I give him the paper work and he says I have to have my wife fill out the paperwork i dont think I can have these (yes he said this to me) giving him the benefit of the doubt I asked was he a felon and he said i dont think so and went into his speech. I told him he will have to do the paperwork so he did and failed, I had atf call for update on address the works. some of his story led me to check the sex offenders list and there he was listed VIOLENT REPEAT OFFENDER. So the background check worked. The next day he comes in with 2 AR15's for me to mount scopes on, yes he bought them from the guide private sales. This happens all the time.

Having said that It bothers me that everyone will boycott millers for there statement. I have never been in millers nor do I know them. I personaly think that requireing people to do background checks on private sales is the only measure our government will impose on us that will do any good. Now I know it will not fix the problem and criminals will always have guns. I personally do not agree with people thinking us gun shops are looking at this as a money maker. I personally hate doing transfers, but i do because it gets me new customers and maybe they will buy from me sometime.

Well Im sure i will be bashed for my comments but oh well

Not to bash you by any means!  I see your point and it is a valid point!  However, my view is this.  This guy would  have found a way to get these guns even if private sales required background checks.  Criminals and people wanting to do harm will always find the means.  My whole point is the politicians are not focusing on measures that would prevent these people wanting to do harm and criminals from repeat offending.  I believe giving these people an inch and allowing these private sale background checks will cause them to take a mile.  And the few instances stated above would have prevented but I doubt would make a difference in the long run.  IMHO.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

raymond2688

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 01:56:36 AM »
I appreciate everyone's opinion even if I don't agree with them. It sounds like you support the bill.

I am sure people boycotting millers could do the same to your shop if you put the name of it out. I would think if you agree with the bill you should have no issue naming your shop here so people can make an informed choice about where they spend their money.

I do realize background checks are not a horrible idea. the problem is it will just lead to more laws and more laws and then you are out of business because you have hardly any guns to sell and people cant possess them. The problem is people don't always see the big picture.

I mean this as no offense as I don't know you. I plan to boycott millers ( i have already just becuase of service) if you believe in the bill then you should put your shop's name out if you truely believe in the principle.

I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS BILL......Infact not that it would do any good but i suggested that nics (background check system) be avalible to private citizens to run checks for themselves via a web based system this cuts out the middle man (if they were to pass the bill).

As you stated "its not a horrible idea"

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 02:02:29 AM »
I haven't shopped at Miller's in a decade, and I certainly won't start now: they're not really my kind of store.

I don't support the bill. I don't think it will prevent gun sales between criminals, or gun thefts, or violent crime.

However, I would be shocked if some sort of universal background check bill is not passed, on the state and/or federal level. There is about a zero percent chance that the current gun laws will remain unchanged after Newtown, with the media and the politicians determined to make it look like they're doing something. If we can avoid a renewed, strengthened AWB and magazine size restrictions, that will be a major victory.

If they're going to do background checks, there are two major possibilities:

--Gun dealers do them, and keep the records the same way they already do. With the BATFE required to destroy the background check data after 24 hours, this would be the least intrusive on our rights. If a gun you sold was used in a crime, you would just tell the BATFE that you transferred it legally through a FFL, but you would not be expected to prove it. It's not going to prevent crime, but it's also not going to make criminals out of us.
--Individual sellers are expected to keep the proof of the background checks. This is one of the approaches favored by various lawmakers, but it's a terrible idea for us. If a gun you sold was used in a crime, you would be required to produce a document... what would happen if you lost it? Would you be charged with a crime? Could the victims of the crime take legal action against you? How long would you have to dig through the crap in your attic until you found it?

Remember, there are a lot of "gun control" schemes being floated right now, ranging from bad to much worse. To avoid the worst of them, we need to consider the likely event that the antis will pass something... and work to make sure it's merely bad, and not worse.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

plasticman

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 03:25:31 AM »
I dont like Millers all that much as well but I do agree with them and this Bill. I always said that private sales without a background check is ridiculous and unsafe. Doing a background check thru a dealer and not thru a private sale doesn't make much sense.  Then why do a background check at all??

Remember, the a**hole from Sandy Hook was denied twice at Dick's Sporting Goods to purchase an AR15. So your telling me this fool can purchase an AR15 from a parking lot of a Walmart thru a private sale without a back ground check and shoot a bunch of kids, and that's ok with you?? Everyone needs to be checked out, period. I know bad people are going to get guns illegally regardless, but atleast its the right step to keep us all a little more safe.

I think this is a good thing, but this is as far as I want the government to go
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:27:47 AM by plasticman »

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 03:28:23 AM »
I dont like Millers all that much as well but I do agree with them and this Bill. I always said that private sales without a background check is ridiculous and unsafe. Doing a background check thru a dealer and not thru a private sale doesn't make much sense.  Then why do a background check at all??

Remember, the a**hole from Sandy Hook was denied twice at Dick's Sporting Goods to purchase an AR15. So your telling me this fool can purchase an AR15 from a parking lot of a Walmart thru a private sale without a back ground check and shoot a bunch of kids, and that's ok with you?? Everyone needs to be checked out, period. I know people are going to get guns regardless, but atleast its a step to keep us all safe.

I think this is a good thing, but this is as far as I want the government to go

If you think giving into the government on this ( regardless of the merits) wont lead to more gun control you are sadly mistaken. Like has been said, there is a point to this and I could get behind if this bill would be it. We know it wont, which is why I don't think any liberty minded person should support and any republican or supposed conservative democrat who does needs to get a primary challenge.

plasticman

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 03:38:52 AM »
If you think giving into the government on this ( regardless of the merits) wont lead to more gun control you are sadly mistaken. Like has been said, there is a point to this and I could get behind if this bill would be it. We know it wont, which is why I don't think any liberty minded person should support and any republican or supposed conservative democrat who does needs to get a primary challenge.
[/quote]

I believe in sensible gun laws and too me this is sensible. I dont believe in laws that ban 30 round mags and ban rifles because they have a scary looking accessory on them. Again, I support a law that makes sense and if you ever purchased a gun at a gun show or gun shop, then the government knows about it