Author Topic: Millers Guns Sells Out  (Read 22776 times)

Jason

Re: Millers Guns Sells Out
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 03:46:05 AM »
Blah .. Millers.

SecondHandLion

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 05:12:32 AM »
MY NAME IS KENNETH MARTIN DIXON. WILMINGTON, DELAWARE BORN. VIETNAM VET. FORMER POLICE OFFICER.AND A NRA MEMBER. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH MILLERS GUN CENTER SINCE 1971. I HAVE BROUGHT MORE RIFLES, SHOTGUNS AND HANDGUNS, THEN MOST OF YOU HAVE FINGERS AND TOES. I WENT TO COLLEGE WITH BOB, HE HAS BEEN A FRIEND EVERY SINCE.
I HAVE FOUND THE MILLERS TO BE WARM AND DECENT PEOPLE. AND IN ALL THE YEARS OF DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM, I HAVE NEVER EVER FOUND THEM RUDE NOR DISRESPECTFUL TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. YES AT TIME THE ARE BUSY AND RUSHED, SOME TIMES SUPER BUSY. YOU DO ONE OF THREE THINGS, YOU WAIT YOUR TURN, LEAVE AND COME BACK SOME OTHER TIME, OR YOU LEAVE AND DON'T COME BACK. YOUR CHOICE.
I TO SUPPORT BACK GROUND CHECKS. ALL WAYS HAVE, ALWAY WILL. SOME OF YOU FOLKS, AND YOUR THINKING IS WHY LAWFUL GUN OWNER GET A BAD RAP. WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT SUPPORT BACK GROUND CHECKS. WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT EVERY PERSON WHO BUYS A FIREARM TO BE CLEARED AS A NON CRIMNAL. I HAVE A DELAWARE, PENN, AND FL. CCDW PERMT. I KNOW THE THINGS I HAS TO DO TO GET THEM, AND THE COST. I AT LEAST WANT A GUN BUYER TO GET A BACK GROUND CHECK.
IT MAKES ME THINK SOME OF CAN'T PASS A BACK GROUND CHECK YOURSELFS , OR YOU ARE STRAW BUYERS.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST, ANY FFL DEALER, GUN SHOW GUN SELLER AND PRIVATE SELLER, I WOULD THINK THEY WOULD WANT TO KNOW THEY ARE NOT SELLING A FIREARM TO SOME ONE PROHIBITED AND IF THAT PERSON HARMS SOME ONE WITH THAT GUN. WHO DO YOU THINK THE LAW AND FAMILY ARE GOING TO COME AFTER.
THIS I WILL TELL YOU, THE COST TO THE SELLER IS GOING TO BE PALE COMPARE TO THE MONEY MADE OFF THE GUN SELL. THE  LEGAL COST OF A TRIAL AND POSSIBLE JAIL TIME. GREED MAKES PEOPLE DUMBER THEN DUMB. AND IT MAKES THE GENERAL PUBLIC THINK WE ARE TRUELY GUN NUTS. IF YOU THINK BACK GROUND CHECKS ARE WRONG, MAYBE YOU SHOULD NOT OWN OR HANDLE A FIREARM. IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE SENSE IN IT, GO GET SO HELP. YOU ARE WORKING WITH A MAJOR BRAIN DEFECT.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »
KENNETH MARTIN DIXON first take a deep breath and breath, please don't come here as a new member and start bashing people it's not very polite. Second your missing the point. No one here is against background checks. With that being said the point is that the law does little to prevent firearms from getting into the hands of criminals. Yes it will stop some, but the point is Millers is supporting this law to make money, he claims it takes 5 minutes to do the paperwork yet he charges $50. If he's so for this why doesn't he charge $20 like other FFL's charge. I don't know too many people who have had a good expeirence at Millers and wether you want to believe it or not they are rude 90% of the time to people that are not repeat customers. I made my decision a long time ago not to give them my business and yes I believe they are selling out.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 10:46:33 AM »
KENNETH MARTIN DIXON first take a deep breath and breath, please don't come here as a new member and start bashing people it's not very polite. Second your missing the point. No one here is against background checks. With that being said the point is that the law does little to prevent firearms from getting into the hands of criminals. Yes it will stop some, but the point is Millers is supporting this law to make money, he claims it takes 5 minutes to do the paperwork yet he charges $50. If he's so for this why doesn't he charge $20 like other FFL's charge. I don't know too many people who have had a good expeirence at Millers and wether you want to believe it or not they are rude 90% of the time to people that are not repeat customers. I made my decision a long time ago not to give them my business and yes I believe they are selling out.

I second what sig said.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 10:53:58 AM »
For the guys supporting Millers.
  Most on this board, have the CCDW.   we have spent some money doing this.  We are law abiding. Its not a C n R liscene.   I think this is where most of us have issues with this law.    If Millers had said, these people spent alot on being legal, they are fingerprinted and should be allowed to trade between each other,     Then I would shut this thread down.  

Raymond, if someone could not pass a pic, and he came back with 2 ar's .  And you did not call him in and report it.
Shame on you, you are as guilty as he is.    Think about it.  IF the system worked, you would be able to call him in, and get him arrested for intent , for trying to purchase.

As far as Millers,  And Targetmaster.  They are listed, big stores. When you talk to someone that works at these places, they will tell you sometimes, so many "thugs"   "Hoodie rats"  (is how they say it, not me) The guys that really should not own.  They come in all day , ruin attitudes..   So us hard working people, stop in at the end of the day.  And counter people are just worn out from dealing with these delinqents,  we get their cold shoulder.     Just like DMV.   Think about wed nights.   Its now just sinking in , isnt' it.  

I'm not for this law, but Its' not the end of the world.    The next two are important.  

Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 11:04:41 AM »
   Kenneth,  thank you for your years of service.  Vet and force.   
 Hope you realize that we are all just tired of fighting for our rights not to be taken away.  No brain issues with most of us.   
  After Sandy Hook,   The media, and others, have treated gun owners.  like Vietnam vets on their return.  I think you can see that.

And welcome back to the forum.  I see you were here back a few years ago.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 01:04:24 PM »
More laws & rules just make for more of the same. This just makes more problems for the law abiding citizens.  The real problem is keeping the bad guys off the streets & our criminal courts system is a joke.  Why do the police know most of the criminals? I don't understand how a law enforcement officer stands it most of the time, locking up the same people & watching them walk time after time. Until this is changed no amount of laws on any kind of gun control will solve anything. As for Millers they can say or do what ever they want it's a free country & they are in business to make a profit.  I've been in there on & off for over 20 yrs. They've never been rude, but they do seem rushed at times...guess that's a good thing for them.

hellyes

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »
I never had many problems at Miller's but now i do. Lost my business (and all of my friends). Besides, X-Ring is cheaper by far.

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 02:45:09 PM »

Wonder if he came her solely to defend millers. I dont think it will help
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Fishhunter911

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
One thing Kenneth doesn't seem to get, it was voiced on record yesterday, this Bill will HELP with tracking firearms...If there is no other reason to not support this Bill, that is the reason!

HT4

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 03:52:48 PM »

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 04:34:28 PM »
I was at the hearing, Miller was called on to testify by the bill's sponsors. However, as legislaters asked him questions and he was allowed to talk, his testimony actually helped our cause, because of Representatives questions. As he talked, you could see the two sponsors cringe, it was great! I have mixed feelings about a boycott, but strongly disagree with his supporting HB.35.
Any gun owner who supports this bill, needs to re-examine history, registration leads to confiscation, confiscation leads to totalitarian government, or worse, some form of genocide. The historical evidence is overwhelming! Those who would say it can not happen here need to talk to a gun owner from Canada, Great Britain, or Australia. Ask a German Jew, Armenian, or any of the many examples of oppression, what they think of gun registration. NO LAWS will ever prevent a badman or a madman from obtaining a gun or doing bad things, these laws only serve to make people feel safe, and to hurt law abiding gun owners. It is not about gun control, it is about control. Remember, those who do not remember history, are doomed to repeat it. Our second Amendment was written by very smart men, to protect the other nine amendments in the Bill of Rights.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 06:01:31 PM »
It's the age old story , Laws don't stop criminals!! That's why their called criminals. They didn't obide by the laws that stop you from going in a place and shooting it up so what does another law do? I truly believe its a moral problem not a gun law problem. Maybe they should outlaw cars they kill WAY more people than guns ?

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 06:06:29 PM »
I agree Muleman88.

Open question to any and all politicians:

Show me a gun law that can't be broken? Show me the law that will protect all of us from deadly danger?

Answer:
There is no law that will not be broken. There is no law that will protect us from deadly danger.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 07:43:55 PM »
As well as cars, add doctors to that list, 98 thousand malpractice deaths each year!