Author Topic: Millers Guns Sells Out  (Read 22778 times)

Re: Millers Guns Sells Out
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 08:31:56 PM »
I agree Muleman88.

Open question to any and all politicians:

Show me a gun law that can't be broken? Show me the law that will protect all of us from deadly danger?

Answer:
There is no law that will not be broken. There is no law that will protect us from deadly danger.

I think the second amendment is one law ( if followed) would 100% at least help protect us from danger. The problem is too many people want to limit it. Its a proven scientific facts that criminals hate armed victims ( ok maybe not scientific but sounded good when I heard it)
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »
I was at the hearing, Miller was called on to testify by the bill's sponsors. However, as legislaters asked him questions and he was allowed to talk, his testimony actually helped our cause, because of Representatives questions. As he talked, you could see the two sponsors cringe, it was great! I have mixed feelings about a boycott, but strongly disagree with his supporting HB.35.
Any gun owner who supports this bill, needs to re-examine history, registration leads to confiscation, confiscation leads to totalitarian government, or worse, some form of genocide. The historical evidence is overwhelming! Those who would say it can not happen here need to talk to a gun owner from Canada, Great Britain, or Australia. Ask a German Jew, Armenian, or any of the many examples of oppression, what they think of gun registration. NO LAWS will ever prevent a badman or a madman from obtaining a gun or doing bad things, these laws only serve to make people feel safe, and to hurt law abiding gun owners. It is not about gun control, it is about control. Remember, those who do not remember history, are doomed to repeat it. Our second Amendment was written by very smart men, to protect the other nine amendments in the Bill of Rights.

I agree about leading to registration and confiscation. I think one problem that many gun owners do not realize is the complicity that some in the gun business will play in something like this. Anytime there is an oppressed group ( gun owners in this example), there is always a member of the oppressed that will sell out. People often do not know that several jewish people worked for the nazi's thinking it would allow them to live longer. Many did it just to stay alive but others more than willingly sold out there people. During slavery when a slave ran away there was always a slave that would tattle thinking he would get special privlege. This is what I believe occured with Miller's and it will with others like Senator Lopez supporting this bill not realizing it will go further.

Now I am not trying to ruffle feathers making historical points. I did not write history. I just studied it and Frank's examples and mine are spot on about gun control and mine are how people who should be on our side are complicit in this. I go as far as saying Obama voters who claim to be gun supporters are complicit in this as many said he had "no intrest in our guns". He might never had shown his gun grab agenda as much at the natinoal level, but sometimes reading between the lines is needed.

One probelm faced at the natinoal level is that criticism of Obama because of his policies are met with allegations of racism. A white president would not have that card to fall behind. Notice CLinton could not get healthcare through but Obama did. In Delaware we are getting it both ways. We are under attack from our state and federal tryanny.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 09:19:09 PM »
Your opinion on the politeness of the staff at a store is based solely on your experience. Millers staff was always short and several times downright rude to me. I stopped going years ago. X-ring staff has always been polite and helpful TO ME, also while dealing with the same crowds and "idiots" all day. If you have a different experience walking through the door, then that's good. Enjoy Millers.
I also disagree with their support of this bill.
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 09:20:51 PM »
Wanted to also mention, please don't type in all caps. You may be unaware that its considered "yelling". Silly maybe.
Cheers
New Castle County

SecondHandLion

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 05:48:48 AM »
TWISTEDKARMA, THANK YOU. WITH BEING RETIRED, HUNTING, FISHING, AND YES SHOOTING I DO NOT GET ON THIS FORUM MUCH AND I VISIT ABOUT A DZ OTHER FORUMS. I GOTTEN GOOD INFORMATION AND MET A FEW GOOD PEOPLE FROM THIS FORUM.
AS FOR SILVERBULLET, I AM NOT NEW TO THIS FORUM. I DID NOT GET ON HERE TO DEFEND MILLER'S. THEY DO NOT NEED ME FOR THAT. BUT IF I CHOSE TO, IT IS MY RIGHT. YOU AND THIS GANG THAT THINK THE BILL IS WRONG, HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION. BUT STOP TRYING TO VOCALLY SHOVE YOUR HOLY THEN THOU OPINION DOWN PEOPLE THROATS, WHO DISAGREE WITH YOU. SOME OF YOU ON HERE AND OTHERS NOT, ARE AS BAD AS THE ANTI-GUNNERS. YOU TALK LOUD ABOUT THINGS THAT IN THIS DAY AND AGE CAN NOT AND WILL NEVER HAPPEN. WHAT IS WRONG WITH TRACKING FIREARMS. YOU THINK THEY ARE NOT. THEN YOU ARE FOOLISH, BIG TIME. YOU THINK THE GOVT. GOING TO COME TAKE YOUR FIREARMS. NEVER HAPPEN, THEY WOULD ONLY GET THE BUSINESS END OF THEM. AND YOU WOULD NEVER FIND ENOUGH POLICE AND SOLDIERS, WHO WOULD PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE FOR THAT DEADLY TASK..
ANOTHER THING, WHAT IS SO WRONG ABOUT A BACKGROUND CHECK. HOW DO YOU TRACK A STOLEN FIREARM AND RETURN IT TO IT'S RIGHTFUL OWNER. IF NO RECORD OF IT EXIST. OR TRACK WHO BROUGHT A FIREARM FROM WHO, WHERE AND WHEN.
AND IF YOU ARE CCDW PERMIT HOLDER YOU GOT A BACK GROUND CHECK. IF YOU THOUGHT OR THINK THEY ARE SO BAD, WHY DID YOU GET ONE...???. IF FIREARMS HAVE NO ORGIN, I WONDER HOW MANY MORE CRIMES WOULD BE COLD CASES. ANY THING THAT HELP OUR LEO, AND STOPS THE CRIMINAL, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, I AM FOR. I WILL NEVER BE PARANOID, WORRYING ABOUT WHAT '' MIGHT '' HAPPEN. AND IF IT DOES, I WONDER HOW MANY OF YOU FORUM WARRIORS WILL STAND WITH ME, TO FIGHT AND RESIST TO THE DEATH THE LOSS OF YOUR FIREARMS. OR WILL YOU SNEAK AND TURN THEM IN TO SAVE YOUR SORRY BUTTS. I SEEN HOW YOU SUNSHINE SUPERMAN WORK. TALK LOUD, BUT WHEN THE S__T HITS THE FAN. YOU LOSE HEART.
ONE  LAST THING, FOR LUMSPOND, YOU CAN'T AND NEVER COULD YELL ON A COMPUTER. YEA I WAS SILLY.
GOD BLESS ALL WHO FIGHT FOR OUR GUN RIGHTS. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT. AGREE, DISAGREE, I LOVE YOU ALL.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2013, 08:20:17 AM »
SecondHandLion.. Please turn your caps off. It is considered yelling online. Once explained and when ignored its simply rude and ignorant. Perhaps you didn't understand this bit of netiquette, however, now its been explained and you know better. Please turn your caps lock off and type correctly. Thank you.

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 08:24:31 AM »
SecondHandLion

Glad we can agree each is entitled to their opinion.

You say it will never happen as far as gun control goes. find a bunch of people your age and ask them if when they were in their 20s they thought we would ever have an ultra liberal president like Obama. Must would say no.

Never say Never. Do I think there will be a gun grab? I dont know. DO I think if obama and his kind thought they could get away with it? Yes 100% I think they would. He already has been more brazen then any president Heck look at the de facto amnesty? No president has ever done that ( reagan had approval from congress) and yet no one calls him on things he does because of the fear of being called a racist.

as a note I dont want to turn this into an issue of the amnesty I am simply pointing out brazen actions of his. I believe his executive privlege with gun walking at the last minute is another example. I was anti-obama before it was cool and he is proving me right everyday. He is proving my late father right everyday and my father died three years before he came into office

You have a right to defend millers. The rest of us have a right to boycott them and plan to. You have a right to shop there. Believe me if Guns were returnable I am sure there are many people would buy them just to return them after this.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:29:43 AM by silverbullet »

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 09:29:03 AM »
I grew up in Canada. I remember when the Canadian government setup their Registry for firearms. I also remember the 10's of thousands of firearms which were confiscated in the following years. I also remember the many many people jailed as criminals for simply owning them as well.

Do NOT think for one second that it can't happen here. It has already been tested in the aftermath of Katrina where 1000s of firearms were confiscated from their owners at gun point with very little resistance. There is most certainly an agenda by devoted anti-gun people who include many powerful people in this government at the highest of levels and they are very well funded. It can happen anywhere.

Edit.. Btw that Registry has just recently been abolished as the government realized that it hadn't helped reduce crime or shootings in anyway. It's was a complete waste of 100s of millions of $s over the years and that was it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:32:26 AM by Adrenolin »

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 10:07:03 AM »
At my age, I need 2 power, guessing that he served in Vietnam,  He probally cant see lower cases that well.
Lets all get past that cap issue. 

I posted in Del news about a similar bill. 
It covers if you know them or not, and increases penalties for straw type purchases.
It is specific in not leading to tracking.

We need to focus on what the wording is on that, look at that bill. 
AND PUT YOUR ENERGY INTO Getting letters to reps about this.

we've all said our opinions.     Horse is dead.   lets move,  lean forward, how ever you want to proceed.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Schmenge

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 02:19:01 PM »
I have some questions for anyone who thinks firearms confiscation can't happen here.

Why does Obama want a civilian "army" with as much power and as well trained as the military? He said that you know.

Why does Homeland Security need 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition and 2700 armoured vehicles? Could this be his civilian army?
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

SecondHandLion

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 04:20:26 PM »
AGAIN TWISTEDKARMA THANK YOU, I CAN'T SEE AS WELL. BUT I ALSO KNOW I CAN'T YELL ON A COMPUTER. SO ADRENOLIN, NO. SO PLEASE STICK WITH THE ISSUE. WE ARE ALL IN THIS FIGHT TOGETHER. NO ONE IS MORE RIGHT THEN THE OTHER SIDE, TILL THE FACTS PROVE IT SO.
I WILL STAND WITH YOU AND YOURS, EVEN IF THERE WAS NO CONSTITUTION. BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE A NATURAL RIGHT TO SELF DEFENSE. FOR OUR FAMILYS AND SELFS. IF WE CAN DEFENCE THE COUNTRY, STATE AND OUR CITIES ( WITH GUNS ). WHY NOT OUR SELFS. WITH OUT THESE GUN COWARDS ASSAULTING OUR RIGHT TO DO SO.
OUR FIREARMS ARE LEGALLY MADE, MOST LEGALLY SOLD. AND AS LONG AS WE USE THEM IN A PROPER LAWFUL MANNER, WE SHOULD BE LEFT ALONE. DEAL WITH THE LAW BREAKERS WITH THIS HEAVY HAND THEY TRY TO  USE ON THE LAWFUL GUN OWNER. WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY WE LIKE, WANT, NEED ANY FIREARMS, IF WE PASS THE CHECKS AND BALANCES PLACED ON US. AND AS LONG AS WE GUN OWNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE, IT IS NO ONE BUSINESS, OUR MAGAZINE SIZE, TYPE OF FIREARM WE HAVE. BUT IT CAN NOT BE SOME OBEY THE LAW, AND SOME DON'T. THIS IS THE FUEL THAT KEEP THESE GUN DEBATE BURNING. WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER BETTER, TO SUPPORT OUR GUN RIGHTS. IF NOT SOME DAY, THE JACK BOOT THUGS WILL BE BANGING ON YOUR DOOR. THEN YOU WILL TAKE THE TEST, BUT I FEAR IT WILL BE TO LATE, AND WE WILL HAVE FAILED.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 05:07:29 PM »
I have some questions for anyone who thinks firearms confiscation can't happen here.

Why does Obama want a civilian "army" with as much power and as well trained as the military? He said that you know.

Why does Homeland Security need 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition and 2700 armoured vehicles? Could this be his civilian army?

And.... No hesitation targets (get your google on)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2013, 05:35:36 PM »

There is no doubt that a civilian army in the USA would be modeled after and resemble every fourth world attempt at cheap power.

I would fully expect a fundamentally corrupt regiment with questionable recruits and poorly trained, unmotivated troops.  Our biggest concern would likely be hiding our treasure from the looters in command.

Such an army may just be a great source of all types of weapons and ammo.  And street drugs for the usual customers.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2013, 08:21:28 PM »
   Since we all spoke our minds, or what"s left of them.   And now the thread is going somewhere else, time to shut it down.  lets focus on moving forward together.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.