Author Topic: NCC Civic leage  (Read 7070 times)

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
NCC Civic leage
« on: March 17, 2013, 10:52:51 AM »
http://www.civicleagueforncc.org/agenda.html

Legislative proposals for the Delaware State Assembly:
 •Requiring Background Checks for Private Firearm Sales
 •Requiring the Reporting of Lost and Stolen Firearms
•Banning the Sale, Manufacture, Delivery and Unlawful Possession of Large-Capacity Magazines
 •Banning the Manufacture, Sale, Delivery and Unlawful Possession of Military Weapons
 •Banning Possession of a Firearm Within 1,000 Feet of a School

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=3601+N+Dupont+Hwy,+New+Castle,+New+Castle,+Delaware+19720&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF8&hl=en&cd=2&geocode=FefoXQIdL_h--w&split=0&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=23.875,57.630033&ll=39.718741,-75.560789&spn=0.029709,0.046349&z=14&iwloc=addr&sour
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:54:32 AM by TwistedKarma »
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Re: NCC Civic leage
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »
      This is supposed to be  a debate, the night before wed's contiuation.   
I dont' know Blakes accual agenda,  he is listed as Life NRA member. 

NOT DSSA,  NOT SEAN,  Not anyone i've seen defending our side.

Is this just a Markel dog and pony show,  to make it look like everybody is there on both sides?  IS this just propoganda?
So markels side can publicly win and get steam?
It is held in the safety building, not a church.  It is ment to look official.
If we gained steam last week,  and dont hit this,  will we loose steam? 

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 02:39:34 AM »
I thought they said if you were lucky enough to speak you only got two minutes.

I think its a dog an pony show. Wish I could make it.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 10:49:44 AM »
   That 2 min thing was at wed legislation.
This was all propoganda.
Unfortunatly,  I was transfering PSL back into Del last night, and that was more important at the moment.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 03:21:33 PM »
By my experience as a former State Legislative Agent (Lobbyist) for a conservative cause, I find that these Liberal committee meetings are a farce. They are not listening to you. They already have their minds made up, and this is just a required waste of time.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
Correct Strum, inspite of the majority of two days of testimony being against this bill, the Dems passed it on to the legislature. Speigelman, two other Repubs, and one Dem voted against passing it on. It appeared as though, inspite of testimony, they intended to pass it on, this was a done deal before today's hearing.  The people spoke and they did not care. Remember them on election day!

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 08:06:05 PM »
This was just on hb35 correct?
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 08:46:13 PM »
Already called my State Rep.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Etrier

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 09:53:04 PM »
I attended the debate last night.  The Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence provided the results of a poll performed by GBA Strategies with Delaware voters.  Their sample size was 600 Delaware residents and they reported the following results: 61 percent believe that laws covering the sale of firearms should be made more strict, 88 percent support universal background checks, 86 percent support reporting lost or stolen firearms, 75 percent support 300' safe school zones,  64 percent support limits on high-capacity magazines and 59 percent support an assault weapons ban.  Given that I have not seen or heard of the massive support for the proposed legislation as it was reported at the debate I did a little checking into the group that performed the poll, GBA Strategies.  Their web page included a list clients most notably Jack Markell (Governor, DE)  Chris Coons (U.S. Senator, DE  Delaware Democratic Party.  You don't have to do much to link the results of the poll to those who most likely commissioned and paid for the poll.  I am thinking that the connection between a business like GBA Strategies and it's customers (client list) directly effects the results of it poll.  The trouble is that the results of this poll, no matter how inaccurate, will be used to support anti-gun legislation.
Kydex Holster Maker

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 01:45:16 AM »
Thanks for the update on the pony show.   Etrier.   Was any video aired on web?

Etrier

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 03:47:32 AM »
Pictures were being taken by a number of people but no video.
Kydex Holster Maker

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
   So, in your honest answere, this was listed as a debate,   Was Blake knoledgable?  And the 2cd adm. layer?

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 12:51:47 PM »
I thought both gents for our side did VERY good and were knowledgeable.  Both received cheers from the audience.

The lady form the coalition knew next to nothing except for the survey of 600 residents. (I did not get my call for the poll....)

The attorney for the admin knew slightly more than the lady from the coalition.

Bottom line.... [my opinion] The State is going to do whatever they want.  They are going to pass ALL 5. UNLESS each and everyone one of us gets off our asses and start the calls, emails, and being as active as we can.  I'm sure alot of us work 9-5.  We can TRY to get the hearings rescheduled for 7PM when more of us can attend.  I'm trying to do all I can.   I'm sure many of you are too.  Those of you who are involved, THANK YOU!!!  Those who have not yet rolled up your sleeves, the time is NOW.
[/opinion off]
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 02:41:08 PM »
Correct Radnor! Get off your butts and make the calls, send the letters and "E mails! During the first comittee hearing, there was only one person who spoke in favor of the bill. During the second, it was obvious that someone tried to rally the anti-gun troops. There were many speakers who spoke supporting the bill, however, when the dust cleared, the majority of speakers were against the bill. The Dem Reps still went against what the majority of the speakers wanted (voters) and sent the bill to the Legislature. They and Markell are determined to pass this bill, alot of arm twisting is happening,and unless WE show our strength, remind them that we do not want this and we vote, it wil pass. If this bill passes, they may feel empowered and try to pass magazine limits and other anti-gun laws.

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 05:34:49 PM »
I have spoken to Sen David McBride and he seems pretty receptive to some the pro gun side. I would have people focus calls on him.

He said he was rated A+ by the NRA (actually A) and he wanted to keep that rating. I told him us gun owners are more than willing to help him on that if he helps us.