Author Topic: Bought a Used Gun Safe  (Read 11486 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Bought a Used Gun Safe
« on: March 18, 2013, 12:07:51 AM »
A neighbor was selling a Colt gun safe and I needed a gun safe so there you go. Odd thing is I cannot find any mention of Colt gun safes on the internet. It is as if they don't exist.  They could not tell me how old it was but I am guessing it has more than a few years on it but it seems to be built solid and as heavy as this thing is it is not going anywhere. 

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Bought a Used Gun Safe
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:07:59 PM »
Nice! I will give you $100 lol I have been thinking about another myself.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 10:38:38 PM »
   Yeah, i can see a rush for small safes in Delaware, someplace to put your mags.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 02:44:26 AM »
   Yeah, i can see a rush for small safes in Delaware, someplace to put your mags.

Already researching!  Lol
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
I know it must be heavy, but have you checked for a serial # tag. It might have the manufacturer. I was also thinking it might have been repainted and Colt logos stenciled or decaled on later. I have not found any safe company that list such a model, and Colt manufacturing doesn't make safes, only firearms.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 01:01:48 AM »
I know it must be heavy, but have you checked for a serial # tag. It might have the manufacturer. I was also thinking it might have been repainted and Colt logos stenciled or decaled on later. I have not found any safe company that list such a model, and Colt manufacturing doesn't make safes, only firearms.
The tag on the back says "Colt Security Products," again no listing on the internet, and has an Mfg number and serial number.  Although it cannot be read in the picture, the paper on the inside of the door says "Colt Gun Safe" and goes on to list the safe's features.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

mooncrawl

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 05:59:27 PM »
I recently inherited a safe that looks identical to this one that came from Missouri.  Did anyone ever find any information on it?  Also, mine does not have the sticker on the inside of the door so I am really curious if there was any fire rating for this safe on that sticker.
I was able to find that in 2017 Liberty made a safe with the Colt name but I know my safe is older than 2017.  Yes I have reached out to them and I am waiting to hear if they made mine.

Sigma4506

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 01:05:30 AM »
Nice! I will give you $100 lol I have been thinking about another myself.
  Ouch   lol  - prices out of range    https://www.gunsafes.com/liberty-gun-safe-colt-series-25-usa-made-27-gun-safe-75-min-1200-fire-rating.html
74 Army vet - Fort Leonardwood MO

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2021, 03:38:12 PM »
More than likely Colt has a little know safe company make safes for a short time as a promotional safes device.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun