Author Topic: A Republican Bill  (Read 3363 times)

CMF

A Republican Bill
« on: March 19, 2013, 06:44:47 PM »
They call it Lower Slower for a reason:

http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/p/republicans-propose-gun-control-measures/975802

So this nitwit thinks adding two years will cause those thinking about selling a firearm to an unknown will make all the difference? Waste of time, a feel good bill; “Look what I accomplished to aid stopping gun violence”. I can see him thumping his chest next time out on the campaign trail.

I have a great idea! Why not enforce the legislation already in place!
“Lopez’s bill would increase the penalty for a first-offense from a maximum of three years in prison to a maximum of five years in prison.”

A great lawyer = A great plea bargain. "exempli gratia":  model citizen mistakenly sells to thug = probation and community service

Just more silliness

The Cynic
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

kent

Re: A Republican Bill
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:01:24 PM »
I can only Assume he is introducing this bill to counter H.B.35 which will Rear its Ugly Head tomorrow in Leg. Hall. According to Fox News the U.S. Senate has dropped the "assault ban" bill. I also understand the Large Capacity Magazine ban was also dropped. This will be placed in the hands of the individual States.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:01:22 PM »
It's been posted already.     Like i said.    It gives the wolves something for nothing.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:58:16 PM »
I can only Assume he is introducing this bill to counter H.B.35 which will Rear its Ugly Head tomorrow in Leg. Hall.

no, amendment to HB 35
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 11:51:46 PM »
As I posted in another comment, there has been an amendment to HB 35. It exempts persons with a DECCW from going thru another Criminal Background Check, as it does current LEOs and "some" former LEOs.
I posted the HA1 to HB35 on that comment.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 02:29:47 AM »
As I posted in another comment, there has been an amendment to HB 35. It exempts persons with a DECCW from going thru another Criminal Background Check, as it does current LEOs and "some" former LEOs.
I posted the HA1 to HB35 on that comment.

The ccdw exception is a great start, but in reality I dont like the bill. We have enough gun laws on the books. There are other bills that do concern me more, but people have a habit of getting an inch and then pushing for a mile.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"