Author Topic: Official AR 15 Thread  (Read 127568 times)

Bmel17

Re: Official AR 15 Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2012, 07:06:21 PM »
the only downside I really found to those chinese KO's was the batteries. Most aren't compatible with CR123s. But they do throw some light and you can't beat the price for additional extra flashlights.

Schmenge

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
Earlier in this thread I mentioned problems with my new Stag model 8. I just got it back from Stag (8 day turnaround, not bad) with a new barrel and upper. Now that's more like it. I shot about 100 rounds yesterday, no issues. PMC Bronze and Federal XM193. Now I can start spending money on some goodies for it. Where to begin?..................................
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2012, 10:50:18 PM »
Did they say what the problem was?

Earlier in this thread I mentioned problems with my new Stag model 8. I just got it back from Stag (8 day turnaround, not bad) with a new barrel and upper. Now that's more like it. I shot about 100 rounds yesterday, no issues. PMC Bronze and Federal XM193. Now I can start spending money on some goodies for it. Where to begin?..................................

Schmenge

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2012, 04:13:52 PM »
They didn't say, but my best guess was the chamber was oversized. I've never seen such a problem though. X-Ring said they had sent several back in the past few weeks. Mine was the second or third that needed a new barrel. I think they replaced the upper just because the barrels were already attached. I sure works well now though.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2012, 06:05:43 PM »
They didn't say, but my best guess was the chamber was oversized. I've never seen such a problem though. X-Ring said they had sent several back in the past few weeks. Mine was the second or third that needed a new barrel. I think they replaced the upper just because the barrels were already attached. I sure works well now though.

Thats is good, glad to hear your rifle is running well.

jslacker

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2012, 12:27:43 AM »

Hmmmm.... When did you get your rifle? I only found one small QC issue upon delivery of my Model1 from xring.
It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
 -Samuel Adams

eclipse

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »
Does anyone know if 30 round mag rebuild kits are legal in Delaware?  I have some old mags that need springs a followers and want to stock up before any ban. 

Bmel17

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »
Currently there is no law I have seen that bans 30 round rebuilds or 30 round mags.  But that might be changing, usually they are grandfathered in with new laws, but who knows until we see actual legislation.

BobW

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »
I started with a M&P 15 22. I had always wanted an assault rifle and at under five hundred dollars for one that shoots 22 ammo, it seemed like a no brainer.

This was never meant to be a target gun, but it is a whole lot of cheap fun. My grandson has shot it twice and he thinks it is his!

Problem is that it made me want a "real" AR. I decided that if I wanted it I had better get it while the getting was good. Turned out to be a wise decision!

So I did some research and decided that for the bang for the buck, the RRA ATH was for me. Ready to shoot right out of the box!

This gun is a "Tack Driver"! I have only shot cheap ammo, and now it looks like it may be a while before I can get some.

But patience is a virtue and at least I have the gun and some ammo. I would highly recommend this gun for anyone who is in the market for an AR.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:34:00 PM by BobW »

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »
Both very nice. I have a DoubleStar purchased last year and its nice. With about 800 rounds through it I haven't had a single failure. You should checkout the SlideFire stocks for them also as its a huge grin for a week afterwards.

Just purchased a handful of the SlideFire stocks, magazines and 80% AR15 and an AR10 lowers for projects down the road. Need to gather up all the parts later for them but the important parts now.

I've looked at that M&P 15 22 for a year and think its coming soon.

BobW

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2013, 09:27:17 PM »
Thanks Adrenolin. I have had my eye on that SlideFire for a while now. I have watched a ton of videos on youtube. It looks like a whole lot of fun!

But every time I want to get it I see a new gun that I want.

So the waiting continues.........

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »
  If you get a slide, we'll have to range trip.

Razorback  22 Belt Fed upper. 

And yes, I have the imfomos  350 round belt for it.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2013, 12:56:30 AM »
Does that belt come in .22 :) lol

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2013, 01:50:14 AM »

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2013, 01:54:41 AM »
Lakeside, Belt feds, are all sold out.  I dont know the waiting list.  Mine had issues, from the rim fire pounding a knick into the chamber.   gave me all sorts of trouble.  never got it working till just last month after oaks show.

http://www.lakesideguns.com/

youtube it.