Author Topic: HB 58  (Read 2697 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
HB 58
« on: March 20, 2013, 11:12:56 PM »
Next up and in the batters box is HB 58, better known as the high capacity magazine ban. Today while the Judiciary Committee was "listening" to people discuss HB 35, HB 58 was slipped in and assigned to the House Administrative Committee.  Here we go again.  Your thoughts?

Read HB 58:
http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis147.nsf/vwLegislation/HB+58/$file/legis.html?open
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Kilroy08

Re: HB 58
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:49:02 PM »
I'm not too terribly happy on this one. Guess I might be stuck carrying a 1911 now.

While HB 35 does induce an incredible negative pressure differential, I could..... I think "tolerate it" would be putting it nicely.

If this one goes through, I'm inclined to vote with my feet. PA is pretty enticing, getting to own NFA goodies and all that jazz.

It's sad to see that people in positions of power are using these tragedies to further various agendas instead of actually addressing the causes of them.

DeWriter

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »
Next up and in the batters box is HB 58, better known as the high capacity magazine ban. Today while the Judiciary Committee was "listening" to people discuss HB 35, HB 58 was slipped in and assigned to the House Administrative Committee.  Here we go again.  Your thoughts?

To me there is more than one reason to be disappointed and upset about all the new "Gun Control" bills coming from the State and the Feds:

We voted for these people to represent US ... the citizens of Delaware and the USA. I don't know who they're listening to now, but it certainly isn't us, the vast majority of their "constituents". Of course, I DO know who has their ear; the Moneyed, Powerful, Short-term greed peddlers of the oligarchy.

WE know none of this dog and pony political pandering will do a thing to make ANYONE safer. It is NOT gun control, it's just CONTROL. Why can't everyone see this? Because the media won't let them. It's like fighting with both hands tied behind your back, while your opponent, and the referee beat you to death. It's enough to make you sick.

What minimal respect I had for most of our elected officials is quickly seeping out of me. The THEORY of The United States as envisioned by the founders was a truly remarkable thing to behold. We were a "Shining City on a Hill". That light is dimming ... more quickly every day.

We, on this forum, and many others like us, tend to see this as being about guns. It is, in its' most elemental form about FREEDOM ... ALL our freedoms, because if they are successful, the rest of our rights will simply be chipped away, one by one, little by little, until, ultimately, our light is completely extinguished.

It's a bad day.

chief7117

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 12:23:35 AM »
What really gets my arse chapped, other than the obvious limits of the magazines, is  the way it is written: I can't "transfer" the magazines with my firearm even if I transfer it to a family member. What good is a gun if I can't let the mags go with it???
NRA Lifer
CCW
LE
Life Member of DE Fire Service

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 10:16:08 PM »
chief....now your are beginning to understand.  You are not supposed to be able to tranfer the gun, they just eliminate the mag to make you think your are still getting something.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith