Author Topic: S.B. 23  (Read 7889 times)

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
S.B. 23
« on: March 21, 2013, 03:19:37 PM »
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: S.B. 23
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 06:46:47 PM »
I'm betting this will pass with flying colors, because NCC is full of Liberal/Progressives that want a "Nanny State".
Wish Kent and Sussex could seceed from NCC.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »
Wish Kent and Sussex could seceed from NCC.

Noooooo!  I up here with these butt heads.
Looks like GA here I come when I retire.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:18:37 AM »
Won't this just make everything wunerful??????  Every little burg will have its' own regulations, especially up north, make concealed or open carry laws very impractical.  Oh wait, that is their goal.........!!!
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »
Oh come on now!  It’s not like Dover will prohibit “pea shooters” and “slingshots” is it?  Could I be wrong?
Proud resident of Kent County DE

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 05:06:53 PM »
If this bill goes through it will be something like this:

Take it off
Put it on
Take it off
Put it on
Take it off
Put it on

Crap, my new holster just wore out!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:24:16 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

chief7117

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 12:11:42 AM »
This will make us all safer. Maybe it will convince us to leave our big, bad guns home......... Said no level headed gunowner never. I just can't understand what these idiots in Dover are thinking. We have one uniform law now that is fairly easy to follow. Now they want to muddy up the waters. Our tax dollars hard at work for us.
NRA Lifer
CCW
LE
Life Member of DE Fire Service

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 10:32:18 AM »
They are liberals/progressives, their logic(or lack thereof) is not same as sane people.  Unfortunately, they cotrol both houses and the governors, so every bill is an uphill fight for us.
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 01:17:51 AM »
I fthis bill goes through it will be something like this:

Take it off
Put it on
Take it off
Put it on
Take it off
Put it on

@@@@, my new holster jusdt wore out!!!

I like how it says the laws have to respect the second amendment. This is pathetic. It will look like three drunk lawyers drew it up if this goes through.

If they pass this why not let voters decide if they want section 8 in their area or a church or mosque or whatever. Why is it gun rights get trampled on but anyting the pc police deem to be important all heck breaks loose?
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 04:05:04 AM »
Not all of us who live in NCC are liberal/progressives. At least not those of us who live in Greenville & Hockesin.

Here are some ideas to push regarding S.B. 23:

•   Exempt CDW permit holders so they are not put at risk of arrest while legally carrying a firearm
•   Make municipal governments fully responsible for the cost of any lawsuits that may occur as a result of their misguided efforts
•   Make locally enacted regulations applicable only to citizens of the enacting municipality
•   Ensure that anyone who is properly transporting an unloaded firearm through the jurisdiction will not be arrested, especially if they choose to stop & patronize local businesses

Note especially the 2nd point. The local council hacks WILL screw up & potentially cost the rest of us many millions in tax dollars to defend their position in court. The risk of no state financial support for defense of mistakes may just kill the whole issue.

Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 10:12:42 PM »
groundgrid.......where I have already admitted defeat(with qualifications), you are bargining for less.  At least we both seem to understand what we up against.
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 01:43:34 AM »
IMO we need to be pragmatic.
The Emperor has ordered that they must "do something." They must be faithful robots & comply. Given the amount of political capitol & money that is being
expended we cannot expect to defeat all of the proposed bills. However, a strong & consistent grass roots effort will be effective in mitigating the damage, maybe even to the point that the bills have minimal impact on us. It is highly possible that many of the reps & senators actually agree with us but can't risk
angering the boss. We need to identify these and work them accordingly by suggesting amendments that are in our favor.

Even if the "something" is totally ineffective, they can still say that they did it & are off the hook.

For example, I can live with HB-35. All you need to do is get a CDW permit. I don't know anybody who has been turned down.
If the other bills are amended in a similar fashion they also will have minimal impact.

HB-62, SB-23, HB-58 and SB-37 must be stopped completely. I suggest that the maximum effort be put toward defeating these.
For SB-37 we need to completely fill Legislative Hall & have enough people outside to completely encircle the building. They absolutely must get the message that they are surrounded by law abiding gun owners.

However, the end game is to replace the scum over the next 1 or 2 election cycles. Doing this will take a very well coordinated effort including a public education campaign. When it comes time to repeal the worthless laws, I suspect that no one will even notice.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 01:34:43 PM »
You know what is sad, but unpopular to discuss?

The idea of this bill about pre-emption is that there is all this violence that occurs in Killmington. Yet all these politicians ignore the real isues that its the people of wilmington the decline of the family and things like that among others I won't mention here that shoul be dealt with and not our guns.

I have been to areas of wilmington where you go to buy beer, or chinese food and the people are behind full bullet proof glass. Last I checked you do not see that in Hockessin. There are also very poor areas of Alabama I have been in that are about the same demographic percentages as wilmington and they don't act like that.

I think people need to realize the liberals are purposly trying to keep groups of people down and dependent on the government. The sad thing is most of the people kept down don't see the very people who claim to be their benefector are the very reason they stay poor, in single parent households out of wedlock.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 03:13:03 PM »
Ground grid is right! We ALL need to increase the pressure on our legislature now! Get off your butts now, everyone here, has a stake in defeating these bills
Silver, the liberals wether intentionally or or not, are effectively "keeping them on the plantation".

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »
I keep calling and emailing and I always get a canned response.  I'm pretty sure the people in support of these bills are following the leader and will not sway.  I think we need to keep the politicians that are with us, with us and focus calling and emailing people on the fence.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County