Author Topic: S.B. 23  (Read 7890 times)

Etrier

Re: S.B. 23
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 05:11:47 PM »
Keep calling, sending emails and making personal contacts whenever you can.  Your efforts are being heard by those that support our efforts to defeat the new legislation and by those that are proposing them.  A good example is Lt. Gov. Matt Denn when he addressed the DE Coalition Against Gun Violence on Feb 5.  He stated that the polls and even gun owners are in favor of reasonable gun control measures, but our legislators are hearing oppisition from people in large LARGE numbers and if that doesnt change this effort will not get out of the starting block.  Kathy Jennings, Delaware State Prosecuter,  also addressed the same group and stated that they can't do this without their help.  The govenors office recognizes that there is strong opposition to their proposed legislation.  One would think that if there was strong opposition to proposed bills that the legislature would not even think about voting for it.  We must keep the pressure on. The latest CBS poll shows that support for gun control is diminishing.  Personally I don't put any faith in any polls so keep up the effort to make contact with the entire legislature and express your opinion.  I don't mind the canned responce, I treat it as confirmation that my email or letter has been received.
Kydex Holster Maker

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: S.B. 23
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 05:29:13 PM »
Tomorrow morning they will get my weekly phone call.  Usually an answering machine, but still I call.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.