Author Topic: This is why I CC  (Read 3528 times)

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
This is why I CC
« on: March 25, 2013, 04:51:16 PM »
This happened where I walk almost every day & I have people ask me why I carry. I have been confronted twice on my walks over the last few yrs, they never got closer than 20'.
http://www.middletowntranscript.com/article/20130325/NEWS/130329872

Re: This is why I CC
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:06:24 PM »
Risking jail time for three boxes of smokes is really pathetic. Its also pathetic people have no respect for their elders anymore. I dont what the hell happened to this place..............oh yeah. The destruction of the family helped it along.

I have noticed at WaWa by Airport rd a couple people seem to be casing cars. I am always vigilient.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 08:56:10 PM »
The guy in the truck is an genius.  What did he expect was going to happen? 

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:24:52 PM »
The guy in the truck is an genius.  What did he expect was going to happen? 

Exactly. For an unarmed person, following those guys could have turned out to be suicide.
For one of us, it might have become homicide.

Either way, nothing good was likely to come of it.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 12:29:14 AM »
I wanted to react to an adverse situation like this and my big brother stopped me.  He said: “What’s your plan for saving the world?”
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 03:54:25 AM »
I have no issues with 'saving the world' per say, however the issue arises once you do help and are either sued by the bad guy or have charges brought up by the DAs office. I have put myself between a victim and attacker a few times over the years, unarmed, and as much as I'd like to say those days are behind me, I can't say I wouldn't do it again. Can't say I like it but can't say I dislike it either. If I can help someone in trouble I usually will. It's built in.

That said.. I'm not gonna track down and engage 2 bad guys over 3 packs of smokes! This guy is simply an genius.

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 12:07:14 PM »
In addition to what was reported is that my daughter & her boy friend were coming down the street & saw these low life's trashing the 57 yr olds car. When the 2 low life's  saw them they started towards there car, he stopped the car & was gonna backup (smart choice) Then the low life's decided to run & threw the baseball bat. In a minute or so the NCC Police arrived in many cars & questioned everyone. I feel the blue truck driver was completely wrong & endangered himself along with others....he needs a course in anger management. This also shows that police do not show up until the damage is done most of the time...how can they. If I had come upon the situation I would have called 911 ,watched them destroy his car & kept backing up. If it escalated to an attack on the 57 yr old or myself I would have drawn my weapon & proceeded to the next level.  I myself will try to avoid any conflation, but I will not hesitate to shoot a bad guy. Two tours in Vietnam taught me alot ... I might be older now but my finger works just as good as ever.   These are things that I'm sure we all think about every day & what I really dread is the after affects, lawyers, DA's, police, law suites, etc.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 05:05:38 PM »
If it escalated to an attack on the 57 yr old or myself I would have drawn my weapon & proceeded to the next level.  I myself will try to avoid any conflation, but I will not hesitate to shoot a bad guy. Two tours in Vietnam taught me alot ... I might be older now but my finger works just as good as ever.   These are things that I'm sure we all think about every day & what I really dread is the after affects, lawyers, DA's, police, law suites, etc.

Quoted part of your post.  I also am a Vietnam combat veteran so that is why I would interject if a I felt a life was in jeopardy. You are also right with the after effects, so prudence is the best thing to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County