Author Topic: Concerns  (Read 2105 times)

woofguy

Concerns
« on: March 25, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but have some concerns and just want to know what everyones opinions are?

I have pretty much all of my stuff lined up to submit for my CCDW permit, I live in Wilmington.
Looks like we have all been following the legal measures that our Elected Officials have been trying to put forth.

I see a lot of stuff about trying to ban guns within 1000FT of a school, "High Capacity" magazines, etc.
First off, I live REALLY close to a major school, best I can tell my home sits about 900FT away from the school.
Second, all of my firearms have Magazines that are well over 10 rounds and I have several firearms and mags.

Is it worth it at this point to even continue trying to get my CCDW? will that just flag me once these new laws go into effect if they pass?
As we all know, the Delaware housing market isn't great and i doubt I could easily sell my home and relocate to somewhere else in NCC.
What are your opinions and does anyone else feel concerned with this type of situation?

PS. Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong part of the forum.

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: Concerns
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:02:13 PM »
I live near a school as well.  I believe if your in your house or the weapon is in your car and you are not walking off of property with the weapon you will be ok.  I say continue going through with the ccw app.  My friends here will correct me if I'm wrong.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

kent

Re: Concerns
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »
I agree with Newlife and I would also Hope visitors to your house would also be allowed to carry and anyone else driving past the school on a public road that has a legal right to have a firearm.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY