Author Topic: Next up..... Magazine limits  (Read 16035 times)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Next up..... Magazine limits
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »
How come I don't see any exemptions for law enforcement agencies to purchase, receipt or posses. So IF the bill is passed, law enforcement agencies would be prohibited from purchasing high capacity magazines, leaving it up to the individual officers to by their own magazines, if they so desired?   

Read it again my friend..

Code: [Select]
(c)  This section does not apply to the purchase, receipt or possession of a large-capacity magazine by:

(1) any member of the armed forces of the United States or member of the National Guard, provided such person is acting within the scope of his or her official duties;

(2) any qualified active duty law-enforcement officer or qualified retired law-enforcement officer; or
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Rabbit

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 08:42:37 AM »
Yes, it exempts the officers, not the police department that purchases the magazines for the officers

kent

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 02:26:42 PM »
I just received an Action Alert from the DSSA and they have the date for the House Agenda on HB 35 as being Thursday March 26th.  This is incorrect... March 26th is on a Tuesday. Anyone have an email address OR able to contact them about the correction?   
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »
Was this an orange card?  If it was, that is from the NRA.  On phone w/ DSSA board member now.
Guy I spoke to is currently in car in Balto.  Said he'd look into it when he gets home.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:08:12 PM by Radnor »
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

kent

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 03:12:17 PM »
Was this an orange card?  If it was, that is from the NRA.  On phone w/ DSSA board member now.
Guy I spoke to is currently in car in Balto.  Said he'd look into it when he gets home.

No.  An email Action Alert from the Delaware State Sportsmen's Association.  I sent them an email about the incorrect date.  I hope to go to Leg. Hall which ever day it is.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

kent

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 03:44:21 PM »
That was fast!   DSSA has made the correction... hearing for HB 62 is Wed. March 27th at 2:30pm.
HB 35 is on the House Agenda for Thursday March 28th at 2:00pm.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »
Get on this guys email list for firearms related laws.  Lots of good info and a good guy!

Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Maybe I should have waited before sending out the earlier email.  I have some updates.

HB35 (Background Checks) will be heard on the house floor on Thursday March 28h.

Attached you will see the School Zone Law.  This makes it a felony to posses a firearm in a school zone unless under certain circumstances.  Please read before you make assumptions.  I do want to hear from you.  Let's see those emails.

--
Jeff Spiegelman 
Representative 11th District
Dover: 302-744-4171
Wilmington: 302-577-8723
Cell: 302-399-7728
Fax: 302-739-2773
Constituent: jeff.spiegelman@state.de.us
Personal: jeff@jeffderepresentative.com
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401.  Dover, DE  19903
Personal:  PO Box 869.  Clayton, DE.  19938
www.jeffspiegelman.com
www.jeffderepresentative.com

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 07:10:32 PM »
Get on this guys email list for firearms related laws.  Lots of good info and a good guy!

Friends for Jeff Spiegelman,
Maybe I should have waited before sending out the earlier email.  I have some updates.

HB35 (Background Checks) will be heard on the house floor on Thursday March 28h.

Attached you will see the School Zone Law.  This makes it a felony to posses a firearm in a school zone unless under certain circumstances.  Please read before you make assumptions.  I do want to hear from you.  Let's see those emails.

--
Jeff Spiegelman 
Representative 11th District
Dover: 302-744-4171
Wilmington: 302-577-8723
Cell: 302-399-7728
Fax: 302-739-2773
Constituent: jeff.spiegelman@state.de.us
Personal: jeff@jeffderepresentative.com
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401.  Dover, DE  19903
Personal:  PO Box 869.  Clayton, DE.  19938
www.jeffspiegelman.com
www.jeffderepresentative.com

He is a @@@@ good man. He needs to run for Govroner.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2013, 04:55:54 PM »
@groundgrid: "There are nearly 224,000 gun owners in Delaware (about 25.5% of the population)."

Where did you get this information? I don't know how anyone can know as we don't register our firearms and I brought mine into Delaware when I moved here so there isn't any way they could be counted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 03:08:42 AM »
Get vocal with your senators and representatives.  I just received this from my rep when I asked why he voted for HB 35:
"It's very simple - I received more phone calls, emails and conversations with constituents in favor of HB 35 than opposed.  Before I sent this email to you I went back and checked the numbers I had along with the numbers my aide gave to me and it was about 3 to 1 in favor. It is my job to represent the constituents of the [snipped] district and that's what I did!!!"

Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »
Get vocal with your senators and representatives.  I just received this from my rep when I asked why he voted for HB 35:
"It's very simple - I received more phone calls, emails and conversations with constituents in favor of HB 35 than opposed.  Before I sent this email to you I went back and checked the numbers I had along with the numbers my aide gave to me and it was about 3 to 1 in favor. It is my job to represent the constituents of the [snipped] district and that's what I did!!!"

Actually I thought their job was to abide by the Constitution of the state of Delaware and the USA.

Also I wonder how many of those 3 to 1 actually own guns.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 02:31:02 PM »
Having been at both committee hearings on this bill, where the majority of speakers opposed this bill, I really doubt his numbers.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 07:54:27 PM »
My reps numbers are probably based on who contacted him not the number of opposing voices at the state house.  Before the vote, I had only asked a question by phone and had received no answer but didn't send an email prior to the vote. As part of the email exchange quoted above, I presented my arguments why HB 35 and SB 37 were ineffective, and asked him to consider the cogency of the assertions not just the number of voices.  He and my DE senator will continue to hear from me. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.