Author Topic: Delaware "Assault Weapon" Ban introduced: SB-37  (Read 16301 times)

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Re: Delaware "Assault Weapon" Ban introduced: SB-37
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 09:27:03 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/04/colorado-theater-james-holmes-records/2054753/

Records show Colorado university psychiatrist warned police a month before July mass shooting that suspect had homicidal thoughts and was a public danger.

In releasing the arrest and search warrant affidavits and other documents, District Judge Carlos Samour, the new judge overseeing the case, ruled that neither the prosecution nor defense had convinced him that making the files public would cause harm or that keeping them sealed would prevent harm.

So, they wanted the information , of police dropping the ball for  a month?    That the police had a Fudging month to do something, to see if he owned guns?    R U serious. ?    I do believe that, this needs to be in everybodys letters ,  re written.  we should not take the blame, and loose rights , because the police, who have no duty to protect us.   chose not to do so.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

derunner

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 02:37:16 AM »
If I am reading this correctly owning a stripped AR lower right now would still grandfather me into being able to own an AR if this bill is passed, correct?  I have been wanting an AR for a while now but just haven't had the funds, but I could pick up a stripped lower now if need be.

Thanks.

I picked up 2 stripped lowers from PSA for $129 each.  They seem to have a few in stock each day around 6pm.  I think that is near normal pricing for them.  Better than 200-300 I had heard people paying.  Hopefully, if this law passes, they do not have to be complete rifles to qualify.

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »
Can anyone come up with a list of probable gun owners in Sen. Marshall's district?

I have the resources to stage an e-mail, snail mail campaign to rally them in advance of the next bill being introduced.

Any idea how we can compile lists for each district?

I will agree to keep this information secure-Please PM if you have access to anything useful.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »
Thanks.  I don't like the idea of having to register it, but it is still better than nothing I suppose.

Registration will eventually lead to owning NOTHING.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 05:59:23 PM »
As mentioned by #TwistedKarma, SB 37 was the "wrong" bill. It was "Stricken" from the committee agenda on 4/3.  We need to keep watching http://legis.delaware.gov/Legislature.nsf?open for the reincarnation of the correct bill per Alinsky's Rule 11.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »
We need to make it very clear to AG Biden that his political career is over. Delaware is not the place for radical thinking.

Sadly I think you have the wrong state. Mabye until the late 60s early 70s Delaware did not have radical thinking. I will say since the 1990's it has been fully embraced.

Biden could probably do almost anything and get re-elected in this state. Remember Obama carried the state by large margins both times.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"