Author Topic: I can see it now  (Read 4681 times)

anjdrifter

I can see it now
« on: April 10, 2013, 01:13:18 PM »
In light of yesterday's stabbing spree .. do the powers to be see that the problem is not new laws and etc  Look at the mental health issues
I just saw this on another site. it isn't really meant to be even slightly humorous according to the original poster maybe a little tongue in cheek but that's all

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/09/at-....college-campus/

I can see it now. They will pass a new knife law that says to buy a butter knife you will have to pass a back ground check and wait 30 days to pick it up. Then you will have to pay a $200.00 fee to ATF to be able to have it in your Kitchen knife drawer. But don't you dare have more than one or they will you label as a knife nut by saying you have a knife arsenal.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:16:10 PM by anjdrifter »
Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: I can see it now
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »
Just heard on the news that this guy has had thoughts of stabbing people since he was a small child. and at his age, he carried a stuffed monkey around campus with him, all the time. This kid was anoth mentally distrubed. The real question is, why hadn't his parents taken steps to have him institutionalized? Was he recently under mental care? Why was he allowed to go to the college and put others in danger?

I think parents refuse to have their strange kids evaluated because they don't want to know the truth, and are afraid friends andf neighbors will talk about them.

Bet the friends and neighbors of this guys parents are talking about them now.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Hootbro

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 02:34:10 PM »
Just heard on the news that this guy has had thoughts of stabbing people since he was a small child. and at his age, he carried a stuffed monkey around campus with him, all the time. This kid was anoth mentally distrubed. The real question is, why hadn't his parents taken steps to have him institutionalized? Was he recently under mental care? Why was he allowed to go to the college and put others in danger?

I think parents refuse to have their strange kids evaluated because they don't want to know the truth, and are afraid friends andf neighbors will talk about them.

Bet the friends and neighbors of this guys parents are talking about them now.

I have been a foster parent for a number of years and have dealt with my fair share of "trouble" kids.

The biggest problem with getting kids like this involuntarily institutionalized is that there is a big legal hurdle for it to be done. The courts are disconnected more ways than one with mental health professionals due to doctor/patient confidentiality. Recommendation of a shrink for a kid to be institutionalized has to show the potential of grievous harm and in most cases, there has to be a record of prior acts. A kid going around saying unbalanced things in the view of most courts is not enough and there has to be a record criminal instance before the process can start.

The next big thing is actually "cost". Most middle income families will go bankrupt and private insurance provides little for long term institutionalization. Kids that become wards of the state are in the same boat as the State has to absorb the costs of institutionalization and most social workers will avoid it because of the costs.

So in short, the system is setup that until little Johnny has actually performed a harming act, there is no impedes to commit him.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 03:54:31 PM by Hootbro »

SunGun

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 03:09:50 PM »

[/quote]

I have been a foster parent for a number of years and have dealt with my fair share of "trouble" kids.

The biggest problem with getting kids like this involuntarily institutionalized is that there is a big legal hurdle for it to be done. The courts are disconnected more ways than one with mental health professionals due to doctor/patient confidentiality. Recommendation of a shrink for a kid to be institutionalized has to show the potential of grievous harm and in most cases, their has to be a record of prior acts. A kid going around saying unbalanced things in the view of most courts is not enough and their has to be a record criminal instance before the process can start.

The next big thing is actually "cost". Most middle income families will go bankrupt and private insurance provides little for long term institutionalization. Kids that become wards of the state are in the same boat as the State has to absorb the costs of institutionalization and most social workers will avoid it because of the costs.

So in short, the system is setup that until little Johnny has actually performed a harming act, there is no impedes to commit him.
[/quote]

You have summarized the true issue that Obama and the other clowns on both sides of the aisle have conveniently forgotten since the shootings in CT. Why? Because to address the issues you have outlined would mean they all would have to actually work...and work together if you can imagine that. But it is far easier and in their perception, more politically advantageous to pick the low hanging fruit of gun control for law abiding citizens. When the dust settles and after the months of posturing and bullshitting from both sides, what will emerge is background checks for gun show sales and perhaps Internet sales and than life will go on and both sides will shout how they did the best for the American people...especially as the next election draws near.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 04:01:33 PM »
I found a picture of the knive he used on another web site.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 11:51:02 PM »
Quote from: Hootbro

[/quote

There is a fine line there. The problem is should someone really be put away before they do something wrong? Most would err that would be like policing thought crime.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Hootbro

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 12:23:26 PM »

There is a fine line there. The problem is should someone really be put away before they do something wrong? Most would err that would be like policing thought crime.

No, I do not believe someone should be put away before they actually do something criminally negligent. I am just pointing out the paradox for those in the media and left who always wring their hands and state "the signs were always there, we should have act".

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »
In light of yesterday's stabbing spree .. do the powers to be see that the problem is not new laws and etc. ...

In a word.....  NO.  It's almost time for my Monday morning phone call to my State officials.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.