Author Topic: Shipping Ammo to Delaware  (Read 10387 times)

robberbaron

Shipping Ammo to Delaware
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:15:22 AM »
I am trying to purchase 9MM ammo at GunBroker, but the seller states he will not ship to Delaware. I have never had a problem buying online before. Am I missing something?

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Shipping Ammo to Delaware
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:43:33 AM »
I've seen more and more on Gunbroker say they will to ship ammo or mags to DE lately.

robberbaron

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 01:37:21 AM »
As an update, the seller has re-considered and will ship to DE, as he can find nothing online to prevent it.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:29:29 AM »
I received ammo from a seller on Gun Broker 2 weeks ago. It should not be a problem for any shipper to send ammo to DE.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Bmel17

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 10:38:09 AM »
it's because of a ban of certain types of ammunition in Killmington.   A few major retailers won't ship to DE at all in a blanket ban to stay legal.

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 03:18:25 AM »
I am trying to purchase 9MM ammo at GunBroker, but the seller states he will not ship to Delaware. I have never had a problem buying online before. Am I missing something?

I bid on some Ammo and needless to say I found out after I placed the bid that the Seller had in the description that he didn't ship to DE. So I messaged him right away asking whats up with that ? There were no restrictions as of yet with shipping to Delaware...... He sent this reply --->

We ship anywhere it is legal. Some people have sent emails stating it was illegal to ship
to certain areas, so we just put that on the site. Those that know better bid on the auctions
knowing we will ship to them.
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 03:21:06 AM »
ON shipping ammo lests say a place does not want you like NY.

Is it agianst a federal law to ship there, A de state law to ship there, or a ny law that hits the seller. I have seen some on gunbroker with pmags ( i might sell some) that say they will ship them to ban states and I am not sure how.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 12:47:15 AM »
they can ship to ban states by completely disassembling the mags prior to shipment and selling them as "rebuilt kits" with the disclaimer that it is not to be used as a 30 round mag and must be "rebuilt" to conform to that particular states laws.  It a Loophole in the system
BS

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 02:42:15 AM »
they can ship to ban states by completely disassembling the mags prior to shipment and selling them as "rebuilt kits" with the disclaimer that it is not to be used as a 30 round mag and must be "rebuilt" to conform to that particular states laws.  It a private sale in the system

Thanks

I have some pmags that I have been looking to sell and it appears that I might have to sell the rest on ebay.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"