Author Topic: Gun Owners Rally Wed. 4/17 at Legislative Hall, Dover  (Read 5872 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Gun Owners Rally Wed. 4/17 at Legislative Hall, Dover
« on: April 15, 2013, 03:00:32 PM »
The 912 Delaware Patriots will be holding a rally for gun rights at the Legislative Hall in Dover on Wed. the 17th at 10:30 am .  Come out and help make your feelings know to Gov. (Black Jack) Markell and the rest of the gang of evil Liberal/Progressives.

http://www.912delawarepatriots.com/cale ... ?extid=260
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

John

Re: Gun Owners Rally Wed. 4/17 at Legislative Hall, Dover
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 12:52:19 AM »
Working in Texas.  Wish I could attend.

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:22:54 AM »
Any one from the blue county heading down??
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Schmenge

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 01:15:02 PM »
What a great idea. Let's have a gun rights rally where we expect honest law abiding working people will attend.................smack in the middle of the work week. That should maximize attendance.

How about Saturday instead?
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »
By Saturday your gun rights may be voted away in the current legislation coming up this week.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Schmenge

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 05:10:10 PM »
I'd love to be there, just can't, and not happy about it. I hope all the emails we've all sent make a difference, but I doubt it. The SOBs are going to do what they want anyway. Even if a million of us showed up tomorrow, they wouldn't care. This state is a lost cause. I'd love to be wrong about this.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »
Schmenge.. Trust me when I say it isn't just this state. Almost every state in the US is fighting this crud right now in one way or another. Weekend rallys typically don't work and most effective rally's are held through the week. I plan on attending.

That said.. You're likely right in you're assumption in that a million of us show up they'd likely still vote how they want. It's unfortunate that 'the' government is no longer 'the people's' government. We've lost complete control and most of our say at this point.

If everyone took a 1/2 day, a personal day, a sick day or vacation day for this then maybe 'they' would listen. What's a days pay when it's your rights your rallying for? What's more important, yours rights or an extra day off in the summer to go to the beach, the night out next week for dinner and a movie, having a box of Kraft Diner instead of the steak and beer for a nights meal?

Just saying.. Stop and think what others throughout history have had to do, have given up and how they paid for our current rights? Explain to them how their sacrifices were worth less then a 1/2 day of our lives while we sit back and watch those rights be taken away from us.

Just something everyone should ponder...

Schmenge

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 12:59:39 PM »
I'd love to be there. There are three managers at my company. One is on vacation, one is on sick leave, that leaves me.

Give 'em hell brothers and sisters!
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »
Not an overwhelming turnout, maybe 200, but most of us have to work, unlike those that turn out for lib causes.  Some very rousing comments by the speakers, many of which were at the 1/20 ralley.  Lacey ??, a retired state trooper, was really fired up.  She also spoke at the 1/20 meeting.  Few of the parking spots reserved for our elected elite were occupied , so I doubt our words and support were heard.  I only saw a WDEL van, but some guy was sticking a camera in peoples faces and signs, so I assume we will be on the news at 6.  And an attractive(oh wait, I can't say that) female was making notes on a pad.  A lot of finger pointing at legislators not living up to their oath of office, and MANY reminders to call your and all elected officials.  DO IT!!!!  If you are not comfortable on the phone, e-mail, write letters, but let them know we are here!!!!

One minority party legislator told that he was not allowed to speak on the floor to debate this issue., so much for the Fisrt Ammendment.
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 12:21:27 PM »
... and MANY reminders to call your and all elected officials.  DO IT!!!!  If you are not comfortable on the phone, e-mail, write letters, but let them know we are here!!!!

Every Monday morning I call.  Have yet to speak to a person when I call Mrs. Blevins office.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

kent

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 01:00:33 PM »
Just Bill, the retired State Troopers name is Lacey Lafferty (not sure of correct spelling). She said to remember her name and remember her face...I think she will be running for political office and I will support her. Those of us that were at the 9-12 Patriots Rally made page 3 of the Del. State news  today (picture). I sat in Leg Hall and heard the comments about 10-1 against gun control. They gave Mark Kelly of Arizona over 5 minutes to speak but gave 2 minutes to the Delaware Citizens  to speak. Hopefully with Obama's Registry failure yesterday the Delaware Senate will follow and vote down H.B. 35 today.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:02:07 PM by kent »
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »
I was very pleased with the US senate vote yesterday.  I don't hold out much hope with this one party system we have in DE.

If you keep up with Rush...Obamas plan was for it to pass the Senate and not pass the House, then he could blame the repubs come November.  Enough Dems crossed the line to save the day!!!!
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits