Author Topic: Senate blocks gun control  (Read 6607 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Senate blocks gun control
« on: April 17, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »
Looks like the senate has blocked new legislation for background checks, Dianne Feinstein’s reintroduction of the AWB, mag limits, national carry, etc.

http://www.guns.com/2013/04/17/breaking-senate-rejects-bipartisan-plan-to-expand-background-checks/

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Senate blocks gun control
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 11:26:28 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 11:42:39 PM »
As an armed liberal, this is one of the days that I'm glad the Democrats are so helpless and ineffective...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 11:44:07 PM »
YAH for helpless and ineffective Democrats!  ;D
New Castle County

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 11:46:06 PM »
Finally something went our way!!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 11:49:47 PM »
A great job by the NRA and it's never say die members.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 12:18:20 AM »
Now if we can only have as much luck here at home.....

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 12:29:06 AM »
Now if we can only have as much luck here at home.....

+1  Hope we can.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 01:22:20 AM »
Here is the funny part

“The gun lobby and its allies willfully lied about the bill,” Mr. Obama said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/17/obama-denounces-gun-rights-groups-willful-liars/

OK, let’s talk about lies and guns

--President Obama, remarks on gun violence, Jan. 16, 2013
“Studies estimate that nearly 40 percent of all gun sales are made by private sellers who are exempt from this requirement.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/the-stale-claim-that-40-percent-of-gun-sales-lack-background-checks/2013/01/20/e42ec050-629a-11e2-b05a-605528f6b712_blog.html

Even Uncle Joe won’t claim the 40% is the truth.

But that figure is based on an analysis of a nearly two-decade-old survey of less than 300 people that essentially asked participants whether they thought the guns they had acquired — and not necessarily purchased — came from a federally licensed dealer. And one of the authors of the report often cited as a source for the claim — Philip Cook of Duke University — told our friends at Politifact.com that he has “no idea” whether the “very old number” applies today or not. Even Vice President Joe Biden acknowledged that the statistic may not be accurate in a speech at a mayoral conference on Jan. 17. Biden prefaced his claim that “about 40 percent of the people who buy guns today do so outside the … background check system” by saying that “because of the lack of the ability of federal agencies to be able to even keep records, we can’t say with absolute certainty what I’m about to say is correct.”

http://factcheck.org/2013/03/guns-acquired-without-background-checks/

Obama put a lot of political capital on the outcome of gun control and came up short. Let's see if that causes a couple of seat changes in 2014.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Kimber HD

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 01:49:31 AM »
Unfortunately for us - there's still a battle to come on the home front.  I have little faith that we will escape this unscathed...

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 03:00:40 AM »
Seeing how ticked Obama was as he is used to getting his way was priceless. The fact that members of his party voted against the bill also was great.

IN all fairness I think the ones who voted against it only did so because they face the voters this year.

The look on Obama's face was almost as agood as when Alabama won the national championship this year.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 12:18:16 PM »
We're not out of the woods yet.  We still have this BS at home to deal with....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

BobW

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 12:30:48 PM »
Far from over. We never thought that Obamacare would pass. The lies and misstated facts will start flying!

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 02:00:01 PM »
Far from over. We never thought that Obamacare would pass. The lies and misstated facts will start flying!

Your right Bob. We need to be diligent in our fight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 02:20:44 PM »

I actually knew it would. I wont say why as I have gotten into issues in the past with people because of pointing some things out, but as someone who studied history, political science and sociology I knew Obama would get a "win" on that because of wanting to protect his legacy.

He probably would have gotten this if not for many dems getting the boot over the obamacare vote
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"