Author Topic: HB-58 High Cap Mag BAN hearing- Wed. 5/1 @ 2:30 PM  (Read 34463 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
Re: HB-58 High Cap Mag BAN hearing- Wed. 5/1 @ 2:30 PM
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 01:30:57 AM »
Reply from Rep Daniel Short: This makes it 4 Reps that have stated that they will not support the bill.

Thanks I am a no vote!

Daniel B. Short

Minority Leader
House of Representatives
State of Delaware
302-744-4172

www.repdannyshort.com

Please visit our House website:
www.delawarestatehouse.com
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 02:02:43 AM »
I just received an email from Mike Ramone and he said he will not support the bill.
Responses are coming from my emails but very slowly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 02:20:26 AM »
Rebecca Walker (D) 9th is a No vote
New Castle County

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 11:47:38 AM »
More email received.
Mike Ramone is a NO vote.
Ruth Briggs-King is a NO vote

Wish I could be there today for support.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 03:18:46 PM »
I intend to testify, here is my speech: It has been stated, that this law could save lives. In the event of a mass shooting, a shooter would have to reload sooner, allowing someone to stop him from killing more people. In fact, this is the main premiss this law is supposedly based on. For anyone who would believe this, I have a bridge in New York I would be happy to sell them. An un-trained shooter takes about 1 1/2 to 2 seconds to reload a pistol or rifle, a well trained shooter can reload in 1/2 second. Is anyone actually niave enough to believe, that in the chaos which ensues during a mass shooting, anyone (even close to the Shooter) could or would attemp to stop the shooting? In 1/2 to 2 seconds, it would be very unlikely anyone could stop the shooter, and if someone tried, they would become the shooter's next target! In fact neither the Colorado theater shooter, nor the Connecticutt  school shooter tried to reload. According to police reports the Colorado shooter had a shotgun, a rifle, and a pistol. The Connecticutt school shooter had four pistols.  The so-called large capacity magazines this bill would ban, are NOT large capacity magazines, but standard magazines. Real large capacity magazines hold 50 to 100 rounds, and are often unreliable, because they are prone to jam.Do not pass this bill, it will not prevent a single mass shooting, or reduce the number of casulties during a mass shooting. It will only burden, unnecessarily law abiding gun owners.  For example I have a concealed carry permit, if passed, this law would make my expensive carry pistol illegal, because the smallest capacity magazine available for it holds 13 rounds. Please allow me to keep my pistol, thank you.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 05:10:17 PM »
Thank you, Frank for your testimony!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 05:25:31 PM »
Great testimony Frank.

The problem is the people you are going to be speaking to just wont get it. They actually dont want to look at root causes of the crime and want to blame the guns.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 07:24:55 PM »
Great testimony Frank.

The problem is the people you are going to be speaking to just wont get it. They actually dont want to look at root causes of the crime and want to blame the guns.

Occasionally it might make a difference if they are not under extreme pressure from their party chair to vote with the chairman. Most don't even take the time to read and think about the repercussion this and other bills cause.

I also received an email from William Carson. He is voting NO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 07:40:50 PM »
My friendly UPS delivery guy just brought me a package from Magpul!
Some new Pmag 30 round AR-15 magazines. Christmas in May, maybe not Christmas since I did have to pay with credit card.

Anyone interested in purchasing one? I did receive many more than I really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 08:16:53 PM »
Some new Pmag 30 round AR-15 magazines. Christmas in May, maybe not Christmas since I did have to pay with credit card.

Anyone interested in purchasing one? I did receive many more than I really need.

From Magpul? Isnt ordering from then more expensive than say brownells or something?
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

LightninSVT

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »
Passed Committee today.  Man that Schwartzkopf guy is a real arrogant prick.  He just rubs me the wrong way, the way he speaks in such a condescending manner...

Heard back from Quinton Johnson, he opposes the bill as well.  Wasn't expecting that one.

Jon

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 11:47:14 PM »
HB 58 was released from the Administrative Committee today with a vote of 3 out of the five members to release it on its merits. No votes in favor, no votes opposed. Next the bill will go to the floor for discussion and a vote.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

wfd192

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 01:11:21 AM »
I still want to know from any state legislator ......please tellnme what part of this or any gun bill will reduce the shootings that go on everyday. In Wilmington there were 5 shootings in a period of twenty nine hours with one DOA......None of these persons who did the shooting was a registered gun owner........this happens everyday in every city in the United States. The courts are but a speed bump for these felons. With bails set a unbelievable low amounts the suspect is usually back on the streets within hours. What happened in Colorado and Connecticut were tradgic and horrific, I am a parent and could not fathom what those families are dealing with,  but lets be realistic .........no matter what you ban, a person who wants to kill....will kill. Be it a AR -15, a glock, a revolver,  a hammer,  a knife,  or a rock.......lets start by making the people doing the crimes responsible for the action. I know quite a few police officers,  never once have they arrested a gun or bullet.  The machine doesn't work unless the worker operates it.

Rabbit

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 01:46:22 AM »
None of these persons who did the shooting was a registered gun owner........

Delaware does not have registered gun owners

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 01:48:19 AM »

From Magpul? Isnt ordering from then more expensive than say brownells or something?

It would be but my son lives in Colorado and went to the factory before they close and bought a large supply.
If you want one $15 and one is yours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran