Author Topic: HB-58 High Cap Mag BAN hearing- Wed. 5/1 @ 2:30 PM  (Read 34592 times)

wfd192

Re: HB-58 High Cap Mag BAN hearing- Wed. 5/1 @ 2:30 PM
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2013, 01:41:14 PM »
I just email all senate and house reps for city of Wilmington....that will be a hard sell considering the gun violence here....but I am trying

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2013, 01:49:53 PM »
I sent off a bunch of e-mails to elected fouls yesterday, including turncoat Cathy Cloutier, hers came back as not deliverable(???).  I think we have the wrong address. cloutiercathy@aol.com, keeps coming back.

Just looked it up, should be cloutier.cathy@aol.com

Wow Bill, have her personal email.  Have her cell number too???
Work Email: catherine.cloutier@state.de.us
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2013, 09:51:18 PM »
I sent off a bunch of e-mails to elected fouls yesterday, including turncoat Cathy Cloutier, hers came back as not deliverable(???).  I think we have the wrong address. cloutiercathy@aol.com, keeps coming back.

Just looked it up, should be cloutier.cathy@aol.com

That cloutier lady is making me think more and that people should be recruited to run against some of these politicians. Since she is a republican I am sure there is probably a conservative democrat who could run in their district. Or maybe a bluedog one if you dont have to live in that district.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2013, 12:28:18 AM »
look into the C4L group, they have just that in mind...
New Castle County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »
Just a quick update on Cloutier's correct email for everyone. As Radnor stated and Just Bill messaged me, the AOL address seems to be out of date and is incorrect. 

Correct email is:  catherine.cloutier@state.de.us.  I'm going to update threads where this appears on the site.

Thanks!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Etrier

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2013, 09:58:58 PM »
I think that silverbullet is on the right track.  The pro gun community should seek to actively engage pro gun people to run for the state house and senate offices.  Both the house representative and senator from my district ran unopposed last election.  He is the sponcer of HB-58 and has no intrest in listening to the people  who voice there opinion against the bill.  I would like to see if there is any intrest among the pro gun community from democrats, republicans and indepents who would be willing to run for office.  For representives who support gun control we should make sure that they have to win a primary election against a pro gun canidate of the same party and if they win they would also have to run against a pro gun canidate from the opposing party in the general election.  By utilizing the spread sheet provided by groundgrid we could organize a significant effort to remove many of the reps who currently hold office and are not willing to listen to our calls and email messages regarding the proposed gun control bills.  Please let me know what you think and if you would be willing to run for office in your district. 
Kydex Holster Maker

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2013, 10:46:35 PM »
Etrier

I still want to find out if you have to live in a district to run for it. There are many places that you do not. I would love to run against that "lady" Cloutier.

Kevin McBride and Melanie "there is not a lbieral cause I won't support" Marhsall-George-smith-whatever she is calling herself this week are my reps. I have thought about challenging Melanie in a primary election. I am sure it would get very ugly with her.

Even if the candidate does not win there is a good possibility that it could make them not take people for granted as much and re-think somethings. 

"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2013, 11:47:15 PM »
Silverbullet has my vote. Now how many others can we get. Do you need a campaign manager? I believe Etrier would do a good job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2013, 12:09:52 AM »
I think that silverbullet is on the right track.  The pro gun community should seek to actively engage pro gun people to run for the state house and senate offices.  Both the house representative and senator from my district ran unopposed last election.  He is the sponcer of HB-58 and has no intrest in listening to the people  who voice there opinion against the bill.  I would like to see if there is any intrest among the pro gun community from democrats, republicans and indepents who would be willing to run for office.  For representives who support gun control we should make sure that they have to win a primary election against a pro gun canidate of the same party and if they win they would also have to run against a pro gun canidate from the opposing party in the general election.  By utilizing the spread sheet provided by groundgrid we could organize a significant effort to remove many of the reps who currently hold office and are not willing to listen to our calls and email messages regarding the proposed gun control bills.  Please let me know what you think and if you would be willing to run for office in your district. 

there is a group out there that has just this in mind.... go to there web and check it out.. they have monthly meetings in all three counties.

http://delawarec4l.org/
New Castle County

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2013, 01:08:51 AM »
The following is a link to the 2012 Statewide election results:

http://elections.delaware.gov/results/html/election.shtml

There are way too many districts that had unopposed candidates. Someone needs to run in every race. No matter how popular the leading candidate is they are always one Joe Biden moment from loosing. It's amazing how much a difference a little competition will make. Plus, no one really knows hows frustrated the silent majority of voters are.

You do need to be a resident of the district for at least a year. The requirements and detailed instructions are available on-line at:

http://electionsncc.delaware.gov/candidates/cand_info.shtml

What we need to do  is start later this year to identify candidates in each district (someone from the range where you shoot, from your church or the guy that is scheduled to retire from where you work).

Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Etrier

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2013, 01:53:34 AM »
I believe that we need to start putting names of candidates willing to run together now.  The previous election stats give us some indication why our opposition and protests are heard but our elected officials will do what they want.  In the Senate, currently consists of 13 democrats and  8 republicans.  Of those 21 districts 8 democrats ran unopposed or had no republican candidate.  6 were totally unopposed.  The House consists of 28 democrats and 13 republicans.  Of those 41 districts 14 democrats ran unopposed or had no republican candidate.  11 were totally unopposed.  We must keep up the pressure with calls and emails for each bill and we need to organize an effort that shows our elected officals that we will persue other means to accomplish our goals. If our written and verbal opposition remains ineffective we must show that we are serious about replacing our representives that will not listen and act when poor ineffective legislation is introduced.
Kydex Holster Maker

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2013, 01:55:34 AM »

There are way too many districts that had unopposed candidates. Someone needs to run in every race.
What we need to do  is start later this year to identify candidates in each district (someone from the range where you shoot, from your church or the guy that is scheduled to retire from where you work).

@groundgrid, so true. We need to find pro 2nd amendment people no matter what party they are from to run against the unopposed anti-gun people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Rabbit

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2013, 06:52:58 AM »
Just remember its not about republicans, democrats, liberals, conservatives, or moderates. It's about a single issue. Identify the legislators who are anti gun and are weak in their district, then identify some candidates who can beat them either in the primary's or in the election. That's who we should support. Volunteer in campaigns, put up signs, donate money or we could always form a PAC to support gun rights in Delaware. We don't need to win them all, just a majority.

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2013, 12:50:38 AM »
I am not going to get into the right or wrong aspect of this, but many who voted against our gun rights also voted for same seex marriage. A reasonable argument can be made if its about freedom then why are they against our guns if they are so in favor of rights? Again I am not trying to get in the "Its wrong" or "you cant support rights to guns if you dont support people being happy". I am simply pointing out another issue that may help get some anti-gunners out of office. By any means necessary within the law.

I am sure there are more than a few democrats or republicans like Cloutier who might take major heat for that as well. I actually think a conservative democrat could probably beat her.

Tandem

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2013, 07:24:11 PM »
  I suspect that we need to re-boot efforts to oppose HB-58, the High Cap Mag Ban.  The legislature returns for a final 2 week session.  This has been sitting idle, having come out of committee.  I don't think we can afford to "whistle down a dark alley" and hope that it never comes for a vote.  I expect a last minute push to pass this.
  Everyone needs to be calling their Representatives and making some noise, again.
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder