Author Topic: Ankle holster. Anyone use one for EDC?  (Read 4953 times)

tonygoldston

Ankle holster. Anyone use one for EDC?
« on: April 30, 2013, 01:55:04 AM »
Looking for a good ankle rig for EDC. Glock 27.
Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
Tony

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Ankle holster. Anyone use one for EDC?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 02:03:52 AM »
Never used one, so I cannot comment about personal experiences.

But just something to think about....  Seated, it would be GREAT!!!
As a BUG, ok maybe...  Think about the part of your body you expose to your
attacker when you go down to draw...
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 02:09:02 AM »
My first choice in ankle holsters is anything by Lou Alessi (if you can find them).  Lou passed away in Feb 2009 but really knew what he was doing. 

An original Lou Alessi hand made will run you about $150 or more.  If you can find one that Lou made.. buy it.  The holsters they are putting out now are still top notch, but there is something about Lou's custom hands on that you just won't find any more.

His daughter took over the business and moved to Walden Ave in Cheektowaga, NY.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

quickdraw

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:01:28 AM »
I have a Renegade Cozy Partner ankle holster. Not for EDC but for BUG or deep conceal when visiting hugging "gun grabbing" relatives. Very comfortable and concealable when wearing an extra pair of socks over bottom of holster. I can either carry a G27 or S&W J frame. It fits both.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 03:11:06 AM »
I was taught and have found with some "practice" that you can still hug someone without them reaching and touching your gun by never allowing someone else to hug you by placing his/her hands and arms under your own...  you be the one to do that to them.  Automatically forces their hands / arms to be elevated and avoid touching your weapon.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

anjdrifter

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 01:10:41 PM »

Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 01:07:20 AM »
I am a pretty big guy and have always had big legs and calves. Is there one brand that usually runs bigger than the others?
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"