Author Topic: SB 16  (Read 6466 times)

JOET

• Life Member
SB 16
« on: May 02, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
I think that SB 16 will be on the senate floor today...Phone, e-mail senators..
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: SB 16
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 12:38:53 PM »
Was going to contact Sen. Blevins & Rep Mitchell but I see they are cosponsors.  That would be a waste of time...
http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/LIS147.nsf/vwLegislation/SB+16?Opendocument

Primary Sponsor:    Henry   Additional Sponsor(s):    Rep. Barbieri
CoSponsors:    Sens. Blevins, Peterson, Poore; NewLine, Reps. Baumbach, Heffernan, Keeley, Kowalko, Longhurst, Mitchell, Osienski, B. Short, Viola & Scott
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 01:22:32 PM »
we wil see who the "Yeah's and Nay's are today
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 08:23:03 PM »
Can't seem to get myself too worked up about this bill. Seems to me that it would be a CYA thing to report a gun lost or stolen as soon as you realize it.  It is common sense to do do that, as you know who ever found or stole it is going to use it for an illegal deed. So who are the cops going to come looking for if the gun has been used for a crime, ahhh yeah, that would be you!
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »
I think we should all be worried about every anti-gun bill out there...no matter how trivial it may seem.
New Castle County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »
SB 16 has passed the senate with one amendment (7days) instead of 48 hrs.

11 to 10
New Castle County

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 09:43:14 PM »
Also changed:

First 2 offenses are a civil penalty only (write you a ticket)
Most importantly, juridiction has been removed from Superior Court.
Therefore, if you are fined, you can represent yourself at JP court and if still found guilty get an automatic appeal.

Probably not worth fighting at this point considering the more serious issues at hand.
However, I will add the bill to my spreadsheet for tracking purposes.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 10:18:39 PM »
Are you going to post updated spreadsheeet????
New Castle County

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 01:43:12 AM »
Will do later this evening. Been on the road all day.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 07:46:29 PM »
This was one of those bills that I was not real concerned about, but through my studies in history I know if you give an inch people will push for a mile.

I will say one amendment I think should have been put in there was that you could not be penalized with your permit to carry based on a lost stolen gun. I realize that it is brilliant to lose a gun, but there are things that can happen like if someone robs you or somehow steals it and you dont notice if you have alot. I am sure there are countless examples.

The big ones I am worried about is the mag limit, school zone, and assault weapons ban.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Hootbro

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 12:51:12 PM »
It's a poorly written bill that will have little effect or enforcement. The key words are "after discovery". Unless your own mouth gets in the way, the burden of prosecution will be to high to show when you knew or "discovered" the theft as I see no requirement for frequent inventory.

Hootbro

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 12:57:35 PM »
It's a poorly written bill that will have little effect or enforcement. The key words are "after discovery". Unless your own mouth gets in the way, the burden of prosecution will be to high to show when you knew or "discovered" the theft as I see no requirement for frequent inventory.

Hootbro

I know that, you know that, most of the pro-gun side know that, but the anti's are too brilliant or liberal ( no offense to classic liberals as there is a difference) to know that.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

wfd192

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »
Nothing more than a feel good bill for the liberals.....I agree that an anti gun bill is an issue......Much like Obama Care, once in the door they will force more down your throat until you puke.....

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 07:51:14 PM »
... they will force more down your throat until you puke.....
Already did, they can stop now....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.