Author Topic: Gun in school.  (Read 2633 times)

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Gun in school.
« on: May 02, 2013, 11:47:03 PM »
http://www.wdel.com/story.php?id=50712

Teachers at P.S. duPont Middle School in Wilmington allegedly find an unloaded handgun in a 13-year-old student's backpack Thursday morning.

It happened around 9:50 a.m., when Wilmington police say students told teachers that they saw the student walking to school with a gun.

School staff members searched the teen's backpack and found the gun.

Police say the student believed the firearm to be a BB gun and wanted to show it off at school, and didn't make any threats or statements indicating he would have used the firearm.

Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Gun in school.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 01:09:02 AM »
Sorry, but by 13, this kid has heard enough of the news stories surrounding guns and schools.  While he might not have been interested in using it, I call bull crap on this.  He knew what he was doing and is going to kick back for the next month while school gets out. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 01:20:32 AM »
I can't read the article - because I refuse to pay for what the news urinal calls "journalism" - but the brief description that I can see says the 13 year old is being charged with carrying a concealed deadly weapon, possession of a firearm by a person prohibited, as well as possession of a firearm in a school safety zone.

Is the prohibited charge because he's only 13? or are there potentially other previous charges that make him prohibited?  Just curious.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Bmel17

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 01:23:21 AM »
WDEL is free unlike delonline. 

I dunno, kid could be special needs.  I'm trying to reserve judgement until I see more details though. 

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 07:48:35 PM »

I dunno, kid could be special needs.  I'm trying to reserve judgement until I see more details though. 

Good point about reserving judgement, but I think this is a prime example there are MUCH BIGGER things they need to deal with than our mags or guns.

And of all things. My wife is teaching there this week  >:(
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"