Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 7467 times)

TechGeek

Hello All
« on: May 03, 2013, 01:52:53 PM »
Just wanted to post a new thread and say hello to everyone!

I have been lurking for awhile and decided to join since I recently submitted my paperwork (5/1/13).  I have really enjoyed the different threads and am currently soaking up all the information I can to be prepared when I finally do get my permit (I hope?)

Anyways, great forum and I look forward to communicating with everyone:)

Thanks,
Michael
Kent County

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 02:02:43 PM »
Welcome!

Fingers crossed for your permit.  We look forward to your questions and comments! 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

TechGeek

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 02:36:36 PM »
Welcome!

Fingers crossed for your permit.  We look forward to your questions and comments! 

Moosie

Thanks for the warm welcome Mossie!  I also see you are from Southern Kent County, I assume Harrington or below?

I am from Felton but work in Dover.....was just curious:)

Michael
Kent County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 02:39:14 PM »
Oh, good guess!  Yes, I'm in Harrington.  Originally from Middletown. Hoping to make my way north again either later this year or sometime next year depending on what happens with my job. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »
Welcome....good group...lots of information...
New Castle County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »
It seems the very best part of the application and permit receipt is sharing the experience with others.  Welcome to the best forum for CCDW!
Proud resident of Kent County DE

TechGeek

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 04:18:18 PM »
Welcome....good group...lots of information...

Thanks...I look forward to learning and joining in on the discussions!  I will have some questions definitely when it comes to finding a good holster for CC but I am also searching a lot on the forum as well.
Kent County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »
I knew I should have copyrighted the word "geek..."
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 11:23:23 PM »
TechGeek,

You'll find that not only do most if not all of us have a box of holsters that just didn't work out, but also that one person will rave about a holster / gun combo that they just LOVE and lo and behold, it just doesn't work for you.

Best of luck finding your "winning" combination!!

Moosie

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 12:25:52 AM »
As moosie said 
TechGeek,

You'll find that not only do most if not all of us have a box of holsters that just didn't work out, but also that one person will rave about a holster / gun combo that they just LOVE and lo and behold, it just doesn't work for you.

Best of luck finding your "winning" combination!!

I have a whole drawer full of them
New Castle County

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 02:53:33 AM »
Welcome to the group!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 02:27:57 AM »
Just wanted to post a new thread and say hello to everyone!

I have been lurking for awhile and decided to join since I recently submitted my paperwork (5/1/13).  I have really enjoyed the different threads and am currently soaking up all the information I can to be prepared when I finally do get my permit (I hope?)

Anyways, great forum and I look forward to communicating with everyone:)

Thanks,
Michael

Welcome TechGeek from the SeniorGeek, also with the name Mike.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

21fred

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 10:50:01 AM »
Michael,

I am fairly new here as well - the people are very helpful and have a lot of great experience and advise that they share freely...

Moosie,

How long ago were you in Middletown?  I grew up outside if Townsend and went to the old Middletown High School (showing my age..)

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 04:59:53 PM »
21Fred, 

I graduated from the old high school as well in 1993.  (Holy crap just typing that makes me feel old! LOL)

Moosie

21fred

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 10:55:18 PM »
YOU feel old....  You were graduating first grade when I was graduating from High School.....   :-\