Author Topic: Rhino Revolver  (Read 2530 times)

Capnball

Rhino Revolver
« on: May 06, 2013, 01:27:19 AM »
Back in December before everything in the Gun world went south - I purchased a Chiappa  Rhino subbie in .357. I got it mostly because it's a just plain weird looking revolver and I'm always intrigued by the unusual and different . But, I have two good things to say about it - It does conceal well given it's relative size, even in the leather pancake holster that comes with it. The barrel being in the 6 o'clock position does reduce felt recoil as advertised even from heavy .357 loads that I usually only shoot in a lever action carbine. I also shot some .38 +P in the Rhino and found that to be very controllable and comfortable, much more so than the same rounds shot from my J-frame. Overall, if you can get over the fact that it isn't a real pretty gun and you will need to adjust your grip to shoot (no fingers near the bottom cylinder gap) I'd have to say that I like the ugly little Rhino and have added it into the stable of carry guns.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Rhino Revolver
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 01:32:52 AM »
Thanks for your input!  Nice to hear about some of the unusual ones.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident