Author Topic: Do not help the Anti's!  (Read 5037 times)

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
Do not help the Anti's!
« on: May 12, 2013, 04:25:32 PM »
If the story I heard recently is true, the the reason Catherine Clouthier voted for HB 58, is because her son was threatened if she voted for the bill. Her respondse was to defy the threats, to show she would not bow to those who threaten her. This information came from a well informed person, who is at the front of efforts to fight against new gun laws. I will not mention any names, but most of you would recognize this person. Supposedly someone associated with Eric's First State Liberty group was respondsible. The last thing we need is for genius rednecks making threats or pissing off our Reps, and Senators. The anti's try to paint us all to be brilliant, redneck, crazy, gunslingers, we do not need to help them, by acting the part. Anyone who contacts any legislator, should be polite, and speak intelligently, not emotionally. The only type of threat we should make, is politely remind them, we will remember how they vote, for or against new gun bills, next election.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Do not help the Anti's!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:41:06 PM »
It would be great if the person responsible for the threat (if it really happened) went to jail for it.

I've been very careful with my communications: I point out to my elected representatives (all Democrats) that I've voted 100% Democratic for 32 years, but I will vote against them if they vote for useless restrictions on my rights. I figure that might mean more than a note from someone they assume is a Republican voter no matter what...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 05:00:09 PM »
So she willingly voted against our rights to make a point to one unknown individual who threatened a family member. Nice.  ::) I felt for her and her son for the family threat but it diminished quickly due to her reaction. If true, she should be removed from her elected position.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 08:43:41 PM »
It would be great if the person responsible for the threat (if it really happened) went to jail for it.

I've been very careful with my communications: I point out to my elected representatives (all Democrats) that I've voted 100% Democratic for 32 years, but I will vote against them if they vote for useless restrictions on my rights. I figure that might mean more than a note from someone they assume is a Republican voter no matter what...

democratic for 32 years and you like and expect to keep guns? I have met you and you seem cool, but that is kind of like a chicken saying they voted for colonel sanders year after year, especially now and I am still a registered member of the democratic party, but cant think of one I would vote for now that Zell Miller has retired.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 08:48:34 PM »
I think the threat was way off base especially against her son. That is the kind of thing the left would often do. I would not be surprised if someone from the left actually tried to attribute it to a conservative.

SHe is a disgrace and needs to be thrown out of office.

I get the key idea here, but it sounds like it borders on the "public image" concept lots of gun owners have. I don't think the cowering approach of saying "please give us our rights" is going to work. I think politicians need to know there are consequences for their votes and the various boxes people use in politics. The soap box, the ballot box and finally the ammo box.

I am not saying I have heard anyone here cowering before the anti's, but there is a lot of it going around.

Overall though as far as calling them I do agree we should be cordial. That is just the golden rule. I think barack Obama is the anti-Christ but I would be cordial if I met him. We should do the same when we call our legislators.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 11:38:45 PM »
HB 58 is the large capacity mag bill that is still in the House.  C. Cloutier is a senator who voted for HB 35 background checks.  And HB 75. Was the threat re HB 35?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 02:26:05 AM »
democratic for 32 years and you like and expect to keep guns? I have met you and you seem cool, but that is kind of like a chicken saying they voted for colonel sanders year after year, especially now and I am still a registered member of the democratic party, but cant think of one I would vote for now that Zell Miller has retired.
I'm not a Democrat, I'm a Liberal: Democrats go to meetings.

I did attend a few Democratic Party meetings when I was younger to get, er, companionship. (Lots of, um, companionship available at such meetings, if you don't mind a few idiosyncrasies)...

As a genuine New Deal/Great Society Liberal, I have voted against Republicans for 32 years. I have never regretted it, but that could change any minute now. I've told everyone from Jack Markell & Beau Biden down to Earl Jacques that their votes on these so-called "gun control" bills will cost them my (formerly guaranteed) vote. I think losing Democrats scares them more than angering Republicans.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 02:46:59 AM »
Yo, @oldgraygeek, sounds like you are in Earl Jaques district. Have you read HB 67? The way it looks, you, while carrying, could get a felony charge for walking your dog across a field that a school (not in session) just leased for some activity.  Rep Jaques is a co-sponsor.  I have asked that CCDW permit holders be exempted in an email exchange. He has gone silent.
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 11 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO DEADLY WEAPONS, FIREARMS OR DESTRUCTIVE WEAPONS.
Synopsis:   This Act will increase the protections against criminal firearms violence afforded to our children by creating a new crime called Possession of a Firearm or Destructive Weapon in a Safe School Zone. The Act will ban the possession of firearms in schools and on school property. Firearms or destructive weapons that are possessed on private property or in private residences, businesses or motor vehicles on public roadways are exempt from the ban, as are firearms in motor vehicles that are on school property to facilitate attendance at a legitimate school function. Possession of a Firearm or Destructive Weapon in a Safe School Zone will be a Class D felony.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Etrier

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 03:21:34 AM »
Cloutier has voted for HB 35 Background Checks and SB 16 Reporting of lost or stolen firearms which passed by only 1 vote.  Had she voted along party lines the legislation would have been defeated.  DSSA rated her with an A- rating for the 2012 election.  Oops looks like that rating is not working out.  Maybe the members of DSSA should be questioning their leadership why they can not count on votes from their own party.  An inappropriate comment from a single voter should not be enough reason to vote for the gun control bill.  Was it the cause for both yea votes for gun control?
Kydex Holster Maker

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 04:51:24 PM »
I'm not a Democrat, I'm a Liberal: Democrats go to meetings.

I did attend a few Democratic Party meetings when I was younger to get, er, companionship. (Lots of, um, companionship available at such meetings, if you don't mind a few idiosyncrasies)...

As a genuine New Deal/Great Society Liberal, I have voted against Republicans for 32 years. I have never regretted it, but that could change any minute now. I've told everyone from Jack Markell & Beau Biden down to Earl Jacques that their votes on these so-called "gun control" bills will cost them my (formerly guaranteed) vote. I think losing Democrats scares them more than angering Republicans.

That is what I think the anti-gun democrats count on is that NO MATTER WHAT the people will still rally around them. People forget how unpopular Obama was primary time ( most states he won were republican states). Another good example is Obamacare how many dems knew they would walk the plank ( Blanche Lincoln) yet voted for that anyway. Democrats ( except me) tend to be very loyal to voting for the party and if more gun owners that are democrats stand up and say "I don't care what Obama wants" we will not have this problem. We can go back to fights over taxes and spending.

I don't think our guns should be a political issues.