Author Topic: People who carry 9mm  (Read 13782 times)

Re: People who carry 9mm
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 10:58:27 PM »
According to an article written by an LA detective, who compiled LA police shooting stastics, it takes (on average) 4-5 shots from a .45 to stop an attacker, and 5-6 shots from a 9mm.

We have been discussing an example on this site of a dead thug who got hit by one 9mm round
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 12:25:40 AM »
According to an article written by an LA detective, who compiled LA police shooting stastics, it takes (on average) 4-5 shots from a .45 to stop an attacker, and 5-6 shots from a 9mm.

We have been discussing an example on this site of a dead thug who got hit by one 9mm round

Maybe we can add the importance of having one in the pipe.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 01:54:44 AM »

Maybe we can add the importance of having one in the pipe.

I wondered every time I heard "A bullet in the chamber" from the prosecution or media I had to think what dang good is  a gun without a round chambered.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Capnball

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2013, 09:04:13 AM »
I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this information as it was quoted on a defensive handgun training video. However, in the the video, it was referenced that a study was conducted of the trauma results of handgun shooting incidents. The results were simply tabulated based upon the outcome (live or die). It was found that 97% of individuals hit only once by a handgun round survived the ordeal. And, 80% survival rate for 2 or more hits. I think that this speaks as much to superb trauma care after a shooting, than probably any thing else. There is much to consider in these numbers. Survival could mean many things, such as permanently disabled or alive but in a coma.
The point of the instructor in the video was that if you get hit during a defensive action, keep fighting as you have a very good chance of survival even if you are hit twice. Obviously, I would not recommend testing the results of the study.