Author Topic: Delaware State Firearms Laws  (Read 13305 times)

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Delaware State Firearms Laws
« on: February 11, 2009, 06:43:57 AM »
Here is a link to a very well put together PDF covering what looks like all of Delware's gun laws.
http://www.deloc.org/deloc/docs/Delaware_Firearms_Laws.pdf
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Taurus221

• NRA member
Re: Delaware State Firearms Laws
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 08:42:15 PM »
Another site for gunlaws is www.handgunlaw.us
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 10:04:24 PM »
The guys over at Delaware Open Carry also have this handy dandy brochure covering the basics of open and cancealed carry.

http://www.deloc.org/deloc/docs/carrybrochure.pdf

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Taurus221

• NRA member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 03:34:59 PM »
The guys over at Delaware Open Carry also have this handy dandy brochure covering the basics of open and cancealed carry.

http://www.deloc.org/deloc/docs/carrybrochure.pdf

I'm not sure what he was getting at with regards to the pamphlet. There's really no reason to assert your fifth amendment rights if you are legally carrying... unless, of course, you did something wrong. Also, acting in that matter would make me suspicious if I were a cop. At the very least, it would make me think the person was another wackjob with a CCW.

I posted what the police told me below in the 'traffic stops' board.

Many police are members of the NRA or support the right to carry. So they're not out there to disarm us (just the politicians). I don't know why the pamphlet would ask us to act suspect.

Just my opinion.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 02:47:32 AM »
I'm thinking that may have to do more with if your involved in a shooting more than just pulled over. Imagine you have to use your weapon and when asked what happened you say something that makes it sound like you were looking for a fight. just a guess.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 11:11:43 AM »
Everything I've read sugest not answering any questions until you have consulted a lawyer.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 02:27:04 PM »

This post seems to be getting some attention.  As stated, the aforementioned web site is titled Delaware Open Carry.  This is the same site that GunEnvy linked to for the information of Delaware's gun laws.  They mainly deal with open carry issues, not CCW.  The brochure linked to gives basic instructions for both open and concealed but the emphasis is on open carry.  There is no permit needed for open carry, anyone legally owning a hand gun can do it.  If you take a look at their web site you will see that many who open carry are routinely stopped by the police, sometimes handcuffed and placed in the back of the police car until the police can determined that the person is legal.  If you look at it from their experience I can understand why many would invoke their legal rights.  I apoligize to readers for the confusion. I am not trying to hijack the topic to a CCW/open carry issue.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Taurus221

• NRA member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:43:01 PM »
It's quite alright. This opened a discussion, which is the point. Thanks for posting the info.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 12:25:11 AM »
I look at it this way not everyone has their ccw and this gives them another option to carry a gun. I will state that open carry is not my cup of tea but this is personal preference.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.