Author Topic: ammo storage  (Read 3573 times)

ammo storage
« on: May 19, 2013, 05:05:27 PM »
Hello

I had seen on here someone had a bunch of 40 cal that someone had taken out of boxes and put in an ammo can. I was wondering if this damages it and how if it does. It seems it makes it more easy to store.

I also notice lots of .22lr comes this way. Is this because of the size of the ammo or that it is rimfire?

Thanks.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: ammo storage
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 06:12:03 PM »
I have the .40 that's loose in a can.  I don't see where it damages it. It's not being tossed around or moved frequently. 

I find this method of storage a total pain in the rear. When I go to load mags, it's just one little extra step of fumbling with each round to orient it to load.  When you pick it out of a box, you're always grabbing the same part. 

Just my .02.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Re: ammo storage
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 07:46:19 PM »
I have the .40 that's loose in a can.  I don't see where it damages it. It's not being tossed around or moved frequently. 

I find this method of storage a total pain in the rear. When I go to load mags, it's just one little extra step of fumbling with each round to orient it to load.  When you pick it out of a box, you're always grabbing the same part. 

Just my .02.

Moosie

Thanks mossie. I was just wondering for a storage purpose. I can see how it will add time to loading though.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"