Author Topic: Donald Trump and the pirates  (Read 9410 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Donald Trump and the pirates
« on: April 15, 2009, 02:04:15 AM »
Donnie Trump was on GMA this morning.  Although he was there to sell his book, the interviewer took him off track about the pirate stuff going on.  About thirty seconds into the interview he offers his solution – put people on the boats with guns.  Of course, the interviewer eventually brings up the issue that, if the pirates know the boats have guns on them, this will escalate the violence.  Typical media approach, though – just give the bad guys what they want.   
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Donald Trump and the pirates
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:15:40 PM »
Here's an idea...  SHUT THE MEDIA UP!  I agree, that if I were a captain of a boat, my entire crew would be armed.  Not standing watch armed.. but they'd be armed.  You see someone come over the side of the boat, shoot them.  As they keep coming, you keep shooting.  Save the last one that comes over so he can throw the dead bodies of his "friends" overboard.  The idea of barricading themselves in a cabin is eventually going to get old and the pirates will find a way to get into that cabin and still kill everyone.  But as long as we allow the media to continue to publish every single move, tactic, and detail about situations, the pirates will continue to win. 
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 12:32:58 PM »
I say every US ship that enters the area gets a detachment of Marines that are autherized to use deadly force the moment pirates approach. Do this enough and they will leave US ships alone.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 02:04:55 PM »
When a large freighter enters a US shipping channel they are boarded by a pilot that navigates it thru the channel and then gets of the boat when he's done. Why not do the same over there? Have a seal team board the boat and stand guard until it clears the area. The seals have their own high speed boats that they can board from and get back into and maybe even leave one guy in it to trail along and keep watch. As long as these wackos are played with they will coninue to do it.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Taurus221

• NRA member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
Give each ship six Javelin missles and M-4s. Anyone that comes within 1/2 a mile of them.....  ;)         Problem solved!
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.

gun nut

• Life Member
  • this is my rifle and here is a pistol....
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 10:26:52 PM »
carpet bomb the area they are out of.
Gun control is hitting your target