Author Topic: Permit Came Yesterday  (Read 2559 times)

Blaserman

Permit Came Yesterday
« on: May 30, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »
    You know it hit me that it is grate but carries a responsablity.
 now I need to get a better holster and a small carrie for summer.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Permit Came Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:33:28 AM »
Congrats! Post in a year how many holsters you've purchased lol :)

I'm still waiting on ours and it appears it'll still be awhile.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 03:02:59 AM »
Welcome to the Unorganized Militia. The white zone is for loading and unloading only...

Thoughts:
--Never break a gun law. Knowing what the gun laws are is 100% your individual responsibility. We can offer opinions; ignore them and get the facts about the actual laws, then obey them.
--Always carry when it is legal to do so. For example, my wife is annoyed when I demand she carry at the IMAX theater on the Riverfront... but, if Sideshow Bob pops in and opens fire, I don't want our last words to be "If only we both had our guns."
--There are many different types of concealment; your options vary based on your physical type, the clothes you wear, the weather, the surroundings, and the likelihood of trouble. Work on having multiple options.
--You now need to become the calmest, most peaceful person in every situation. If someone else gets road rage, you can't. If someone starts talking smack, or even threatening you, it has become your duty to defuse the situation and/or get the f**k out of there.

Special notes:
You need a lawyer. NOW, before you need a lawyer. Stop at Joe Hurley's office. Talk to Joyce: she's nice. Explain to Joyce that you have a carry permit, and that you have been advised to seek Joe's representation if the need arises. Get a business card, and give her one of yours. Make sure you know what number to call during & after business hours.

If the gun gets drawn or used, STFU. Defend yourself, call 911 (ask for an ambulance), contact the lawyer. When the police arrive, tell them that you intend to cooperate fully with their investigation after your attorney arrives, and then SHUT THE F*** UP.
The police will arrest you. Let them. Keep your mouth SHUT.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
A good reminder for all of us. Thanks OldGray.
New Castle County