Author Topic: Evening Training Classes?  (Read 3898 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
Evening Training Classes?
« on: June 03, 2013, 11:58:42 PM »
I'm new here and obviously I've decided to apply for my DE CCW.  I'm 68 years old and retired.  I already have my references and fingerprint appointment (Wed, 6/26 at Georgetown).  My notice will be published 6/5 in The guide. 

I have to thank Sigarms12 for his "Delaware CCW Process" post.  It really gave me the information I needed to get started. 

My question is: Are there any CCW courses in Sussex County that are held on multiple nights (or days).  My wife is handicapped and it is hard to leave for a full day course.  I know JD Defense has a course over three days for $195.00 but are there any other courses. 

Thanks for any help you can give.
M
ark
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Evening Training Classes?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 01:45:01 AM »
Hi Mark, Welcome!!

I think there are several folks on here that have taken courses through Marino Tactical?  If you search (see the upper right hand corner search box on the main page) for Marino you should be able to find some reviews on their course. 

The website says they offer a one day course if that would help you.  http://www.usacarry.com/directory/marino-tactical-solutions-2154.html

I don't have any first hand knowledge of them. 

Good luck and let us know how you make out!  I'm sure there are other folks out there who for whatever reason need to do night time classes.  I do know if you're willing to drive to Dover that Shooters Choice has evening classes. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:56:48 PM »
Thanks to all who responded to me.  I had some very good responses.

For my situation and  needs, I've decided to go with JD Defense in Georgetown.  He has a three evening course (6PM to 9PM) followed by a range day for the shooting requirement.  It fits what I need at this time.

Thanks to Radnor and Federal Firearm.

Mark

By the way; it seems I will have PLENTY of time to get the course in before permit approval (up to 4 months Shocked)!
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 02:55:26 AM »
I took the course from Marino Tactical. Very complete and the shooting scenarios were fun and educational. It was an all day course. They may have evening courses.
JD defense in Georgetown is OK but the conditions are horrible. Building is not clean and very messy. Range is horrible and not well kept. I will not go there again.

Just my 2cents.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County