Author Topic: philadelphia  (Read 2635 times)

402carry

philadelphia
« on: June 04, 2013, 12:05:07 PM »
does anyone know the laws regarding non-res pa permits and the city of Philadelphia?
NRA Member
NCC
DE CCDW Permit
FL CCDW Permit
PA CCDW Permit

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: philadelphia
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 09:45:20 PM »
Well if you are relying on a FL non resident permit to use in PA, that door appears to be closing via the PA attorney general. I have a non resident PA permit from Delaware county, and I don't treat Philly any differently. I carry there all the time.
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 10:12:11 PM »
From what I've heard, the holder of a PA non-resident LTCF has the same rights in Philly as elsewhere in the state... until the police get involved, after which you might have a problem.
IANAL, YMMV.

I carry in Philly every time I go there. I always keep in mind that the Philly police really dislike armed civilians, and will likely try to screw me over if I end up using my defensive weapon.

My son lives in Philly. He's an Iraq combat vet who has cleaned up -- and created -- more mangled bodies than you want to know about.
After the interview at the Philadelphia County police for his LTCF, he threw up.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

402carry

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »
Well if you are relying on a FL non resident permit to use in PA, that door appears to be closing via the PA attorney general. I have a non resident PA permit from Delaware county, and I don't treat Philly any differently. I carry there all the time.

"pa non res" yeah the fl door is closed, just didn't know if philly was treated any different.  thanks guys for the info
NRA Member
NCC
DE CCDW Permit
FL CCDW Permit
PA CCDW Permit