Author Topic: Think I found my summer pocket gun  (Read 4452 times)

Blaserman

Think I found my summer pocket gun
« on: June 09, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »
  In the process in a trade for  a model 36   S&W . I know only 5 shots but I think to the store and back with shorts on it will do the trick.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Think I found my summer pocket gun
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 04:13:44 PM »
I have a small 380 for when the clothes dictate what I can carry.
But for summer time, I'm staying with the full size 1911.
Last night went to WDL. Place was PACKED!  No one to my
knowledge saw it.  Now I was IWB with a polo shirt.  Was I printing?
ABSOLUTELY!  I know it was a little.  But the sheeple have NO CLUE.
Most will think it's your cell or a pager.

I think I'm going to buy a FNP-45 and an IWB for it.  Will it print?
ABSOLUTELY, but I'm using it for an excuse to purchase another
firearm.....   ;)

Do I need an excuse to purchase another?  NAH...
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 05:01:41 PM »
OP, carry the weapon you feel is more comforting to you (not necessarily confortable). I carry 1911s almost exclusively, I dress around the weapon and not the other way around.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 12:13:21 AM »
Condition1,
I agree. I carry a 9 mm Ruger SR9 winter and summer. When I wear shorts and a light shirt, I wear a tank t-shirt under it to keep it from rubbing my side. Works great for me. I perfer a button up short sleeve sport shirt as a cover. Never have any problem. I carry 24/7, even to church.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 01:53:41 AM »
  In the process in a trade for  a model 36   S&W . I know only 5 shots but I think to the store and back with shorts on it will do the trick.
Sometimes that is all I will do. Tuck my S&W 442 into a uncle mike's pocket holster and it rides in my back pocket like it was just another wallet.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Capnball

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »
Blaserman  I also carry a J-Frame and keep a loaded speed-strip with it. I also have the cylinder type speed-loaders which are easier/faster to load but find them to be somewhat bulky to carry in the pants pocket unless I wear a jacket and keep one there. I also have a Rhino revolver in .357 (yes, it is the strangest and some say ugliest wheel-gun ever conceived but it does shoot well) this revolver comes with 3 half-moon clips and the cylinder is cut out to accept it. The half-moon clip is nearly as fast reloading as a semi-auto and a magazine and with practice, equally as fast. S&W does have a few models with this same half-moon clip set up that I would recommend to anyone who prefers a revolver over an auto but is somewhat concerned about the lack of capacity of the wheel-gun.
We all hope that if we have to use the firearm that one or two rounds stops the attack and the rest is just insurance but we never know what will confront us.