Author Topic: Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly legal coverage  (Read 59015 times)

anjdrifter

Re: Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly legal coverage
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2013, 01:53:40 PM »
I have actually enjoyed this thread.

There are people from out of state on this board and members from out of state on other boards.

Now an out of state agitator example we all should be fuming about are the parents from CT and Mark Kelly coming to Delaware to testify about laws that effect us when they are not from the state. They even were given more time than delaware residents and I think they were basically props.

good point .
Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2013, 04:37:35 PM »
As gun owners and guys and girls we have far bigger enemies than to fight amongst each other.

I know some places that are so wrapped up in "public image" that being conservative can be greatly frowned upon despite a majority of the people the go on gun boards are moderates or to the right.

It is not just one board or a couple. There are boards for example, that are so upset that people are actually concerned blacks might riot of the verdict. it is met with racist claims. All those boards are doing is fighting a foe that is not a real enemy.

"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2013, 05:21:24 PM »
I have actually enjoyed this thread.

There are people from out of state on this board and members from out of state on other boards.

Now an out of state agitator example we all should be fuming about are the parents from CT and Mark Kelly coming to Delaware to testify about laws that effect us when they are not from the state. They even were given more time than delaware residents and I think they were basically props.

good point .

+1
New Castle County

bigdogde

• U BE THE JUDGE
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2013, 10:06:11 PM »
Sitting here and thinking if I should put in my two cents worth...........so I will .............even as important as our right to own guns and for those of us that take the steps to carry our guns it is equally important to have your own opinion and your right to voice it .....if someones opinion differs then it is your right to object ......in looking at statements made noone got called a dummy ......in lookng at this trial i hope none of us are ever in the position that MZ is in .....just because he was on neighborhood watch does not make him a vigilante ..........just because TM was unarmed does not make MZ a killer ........just hope none of us are ever in that position
Lower slower enjoying life in Sussex County

Law of Self Defense

• Law of Self Defense
Hey folks,

Just wrapped up Day 8 of Florida v. Zimmerman, and things went no better for the prosecution today than in prior days–indeed, the morning was pretty much a disaster for the offense. For details on the morning’s events, click here:

Zimmerman Update Exclusive — Mid-Day 8 — State Wins Evidentiary Battle, Loses Testimony War

The afternoon involved mostly a tirad by Judge Nelson at the defense, and an interminable presentation of totally pointless DNS evidence over a period of several hours. To lighten things up, however, we do have a reader poll in which can you vote as to whether you believe that George Zimmerman should testify in his own defense. You can see these wondrous events here:

Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Live Video, Analysis & Reader Poll: DNA Inconclusive & Judge Nelson Terse

First things first–Legal Insurrection presents yet another of our class-leading internet polls on Florida v. Zimmerman. Vote to lend your voice to whether George Zimmerman should be called by the defense to testify:

July 4, Birthday of the Greatest Nation on Earth

Tomorrow, July 4, the celebration of the birth of the greatest nation on the face of the Earth, is a day off rest for the Court, and hopefully for most of you.

But not for this humble correspondent. Tomorrow we will present a post that prognosticates on the path forward for this trial including the prospects for mid-trial motions for a directed verdict, likely strategies and witnesses to be called by the defense, and how both the State and defense are likely to try to fit the developed facts in evidence, as well as circumstantial evidence, into the compelling narrative that is their closing arguments–and how closely those closing arguments are likely to align with the commitments they made to the jury at the start of this trial.

So, keep your eyes open for that tomorrow, and have a safe, wonderful, and fireworks-filled day of celebration of the birth of our great nation. (And go shoot some guns, BEST WAY EVAH to celebrate the 4th--especially military-type stuff.  I expect to have my Garand, AR, 1911, etc., all out to the range.)

Best,

Andrew
(and [URL=@LawSelfDefense2]@LawSelfDefense2 for when I'm in Twitmo--follow both!)
Facebook:  Law of Self Defense
Andrew F. Branca, Attorney at Law (MA)
www.lawofselfdefense.com
This message does NOT constitute legal advice, and does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship/confidentiality.
If you have an immediate need for legal advice, consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Michael Savage's Superior Intellect On Display
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2013, 12:38:54 AM »
Michael Savage apparently is a liberal talking head with a radio show.  His argument about the Zimmerman trial is classic liberal theology.

1.   Liberals love to tell you how intellectually superior they are.
2.   Because of their superior intellect they are able to understand things that we knuckle draggers just don’t get.
3.   The usually have no clue what they are talking about.

Here is the evidence that proves my point.

“I’m about to break an analysis that no one yet in the media has done, as you would expect from me — being the senior member of the American media and possibly the most insightful,”

“Zimmerman was carrying a Kel Tec semi-automatic 9mm handgun. So? Big deal. It is a big deal because he had a bullet chambered in the gun and he had the safety off… Had he not chambered a round prior to meeting Trayvon, and had he not taken the safety off, even if Trayvon, during the altercation even if Trayvon had tried to grab the gun away from Zimmerman — had that gun not been chambered with a round and safety off, Trayvon Martin would have had to use two hands. You can’t do it with one hand.”

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/04/michael-savage-on-george-zimmerman-you-have-to-find-this-man-guilty-audio/#ixzz2Y7V4QTLu

Big problem.  Zimmerman had a Kel-Tec 9 mm PF-9 which HAS NO SAFETY. The weapon is DAO with a listed trigger pull of 5 lbs.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pistols/pf-9/

According to Amy Siewert, the prosecution witness and state Forensic Analyst, the way Zimmerman carried his weapon is consistent with the way many police officers carry their duty weapon and is completely safe.

So, since he has shown he is pretty much ignorant of the functions of the weapon used in this case shouldn’t any conclusion he forms from his ignorance be just as faulty.  Don’t expect a retraction from this guy, I mean really, why waste such a good argument just because the facts to not line up with your superior intellect.

I think Ronald Reagan said it best: “It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so."

Update: It seems this guy is not a liberal but the twisted logic he manipulates to reach his conclusion in this story fits their MO.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:46:23 AM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Michael Savage's Superior Intellect On Display
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2013, 01:02:56 AM »
Michael Savage apparently is a liberal talking head with a radio show.  His argument about the Zimmerman trial is classic liberal theology.

1.   Liberals love to tell you how intellectually superior they are.
2.   Because of their superior intellect they are able to understand things that we knuckle draggers just don’t get.
3.   The usually have no clue what they are talking about.

Here is the evidence that proves my point.

“I’m about to break an analysis that no one yet in the media has done, as you would expect from me — being the senior member of the American media and possibly the most insightful,”

“Zimmerman was carrying a Kel Tec semi-automatic 9mm handgun. So? Big deal. It is a big deal because he had a bullet chambered in the gun and he had the safety off… Had he not chambered a round prior to meeting Trayvon, and had he not taken the safety off, even if Trayvon, during the altercation even if Trayvon had tried to grab the gun away from Zimmerman — had that gun not been chambered with a round and safety off, Trayvon Martin would have had to use two hands. You can’t do it with one hand.”

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/04/michael-savage-on-george-zimmerman-you-have-to-find-this-man-guilty-audio/#ixzz2Y7V4QTLu

Big problem.  Zimmerman had a Kel-Tec 9 mm PF-9 which HAS NO SAFETY. The weapon is DAO with a listed trigger pull of 5 lbs.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pistols/pf-9/

According to Amy Siewert, the prosecution witness and state Forensic Analyst, the way Zimmerman carried his weapon is consistent with the way many police officers carry their duty weapon and is completely safe.

So, since he has shown he is pretty much ignorant of the functions of the weapon used in this case shouldn’t any conclusion he forms from his ignorance be just as faulty.  Don’t expect a retraction from this guy, I mean really, why waste such a good argument just because the facts to not line up with your superior intellect.

I think Ronald Reagan said it best: “It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so."

I've long thought that Michael Savage is ignorant, but he's no liberal. Not even close. If he were, the Daily Caller wouldn't be quoting him.
Heck, we've never seen him at any of the Communist Party meetings.  ;D
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2013, 02:00:36 AM »
It seems like a gun without a round chambered is of no use in self defense? That really is a brilliant argument and I think the prosecution meant that in opening statements. I carry my 1911 racked and loaded hammer back with safety on and the last thing I ever want to do is have to draw that firearm. I dont think there is anyone here who wants to use it except for target shooting or competitions. The media just dont get it.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: Michael Savage's Superior Intellect On Display
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2013, 03:28:50 AM »
I've long thought that Michael Savage is ignorant, but he's no liberal.

You are right, I was wrrr...wrrooo...wronnn, oh heck I jumped the gun when I said he was apparently a liberal talking head. His PHD from Berkeley, herbal medicine books and a past show on MSNBC threw me off.  But seriously, my only experience with him is this story and he fit the mold on this one pretty well so I ran with it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:51:22 AM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Law of Self Defense

• Law of Self Defense
Zimmerman Trial Update & NRA Discount Coupon
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2013, 08:00:41 PM »
Hey folks,

My apologies for my posts here becoming a bit more sporadic, but it's a busy time on the home front, and I sometimes just can't find time each evening to drop in and leave an update.

For those still interested, however, my wrap-up of day 9 of the trial, in which the State rested its case, Judge Nelson denied the defense motion for a directed verdict of acquittal, and the defense began presenting its case to the juray with the testimony of Gladys Zimmerman, George's mother, and Jorge Meza, George's uncle and career LEO, can be found here:

Zimmerman Trial Day 9 — Families Feud Over Scream Identification

I can't remember now if I previously mentioned the July 4 Review of the trial, so in case I didn't that can be found here:

Zimmerman Trial Review – How We Got Here, And Where We’re Going

Also this weekend I'll do a detailed analysis on each side's theory of the case moving foward, and how I expect the defense strategy to unfold over the coming week.  I'll try to get back here and post a notice when that goes up, but in case I don't have time it might be worth keeping an on my Twitter feed, @LawSelfDefense and/or the Law of Self Defense Facebook page.

Finally, I'm excited to say that the first genuine print copies of The Law of Self Defense, Second Edition, have begun to arrive, and shipping has begun to all our pre-order clients who took advantage of the 30% discount and free shipping offer.  If you're among those you should expect to find the book arrive in your mailbox sometime this week.

First Print Copies of “The Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition” Arrive!

Now that shipping of the book has begun, the pre-order period for the book, along with the 30% discount has ended.  We are, however, continuing a 20% discount for the duration of the trial, and if you're a member of the NRA--honor system, now!--you can use the coupon LOSD2-NRA at check-out to get an additional $5 off, and free shipping (the discount is reflected in the last price listed at bottom).  This in effect maintains the 30% discount, but only until the Zimmerman jury returns a verdict. 

Alternatively, the book is also available on Amazon.com, but at around list price (just under $50), unless they choose to discount (that's up to them).

Best,

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense (& @LawSelfDefense2)
[URL=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Law-of-Self-Defense/176397865719110]Facebook:  Law of Self Defense[/URL]
Andrew F. Branca, Attorney at Law (MA)
www.lawofselfdefense.com
This message does NOT constitute legal advice, and does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship/confidentiality.
If you have an immediate need for legal advice, consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2013, 05:17:14 PM »
I really do not know anything about this website but this was too funny to pass up.

SANFORD, Florida (BHN) - In obvious anticipation of George ZImmerman being likely found innocent of murder charges, Judge Debra Nelson ruled Thursday that the jury will now have the option to convict Zimmerman of any number of lesser charges, including manslaughter, slavery, excessive noise (gunshot), personal property damage (hoodie), public property damage (head hitting sidewalk), littering (Trayvon), and felony screaming like a girl.

The defense unsuccessfully objected to the additional charges, as well as the fact that all jurors are now wearing hoodies.

On a lighter note, a Zimmerman defense attorney was chided by the judge for agreeing with the prosecution's demand of "justice for Trayvon" by suggesting they "dig up his body and shoot him again."

http://peacemoonbeam.typepad.com/bighairynews/2013/07/zimmerman-jury-instructed-to-find-him-guilty-of-something.html

Sussex County

ESPMan

« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2013, 01:58:02 PM »
I really do not know anything about this website but this was too funny to pass up.

SANFORD, Florida (BHN) - In obvious anticipation of George ZImmerman being likely found innocent of murder charges, Judge Debra Nelson ruled Thursday that the jury will now have the option to convict Zimmerman of any number of lesser charges, including manslaughter, slavery, excessive noise (gunshot), personal property damage (hoodie), public property damage (head hitting sidewalk), littering (Trayvon), and felony screaming like a girl.

The defense unsuccessfully objected to the additional charges, as well as the fact that all jurors are now wearing hoodies.

On a lighter note, a Zimmerman defense attorney was chided by the judge for agreeing with the prosecution's demand of "justice for Trayvon" by suggesting they "dig up his body and shoot him again."

http://peacemoonbeam.typepad.com/bighairynews/2013/07/zimmerman-jury-instructed-to-find-him-guilty-of-something.html

Honestly, I don't know how this trial has not been dismissed yet from all of the bias. The jury is now all wearing hoodies? Really? And the fact that the Judge decided that the jury could now convict on lesser charges means they know that there is the real possibility that he could walk.
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2013, 11:32:42 PM »
The jury is now all wearing hoodies? Really?

You know that whole post was a joke, right?

Sussex County

« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2013, 12:42:48 AM »
The jury is now all wearing hoodies? Really?

You know that whole post was a joke, right?

If true it would not surprise me if the judge did nothing about it. SHe has done EVERYTHING SHE CAN to railroad Zimmerman

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2013, 01:52:20 AM »
There are more casualties to the Zimmerman-Martin investigation than just Zimmerman and Martin.  Take a look at these three and see if you see a pattern.

SANFORD, Florida (CNN) -- An employee of the Florida State Attorney's Office who testified that prosecutors withheld evidence from George Zimmerman's defense team has been fired.

Kruidbos testified before Zimmerman's trial began that Martin's cell phone contained images of Martin blowing smoke, images of marijuana and deleted text messages regarding a transaction for a firearm and that those images had not been given to Zimmerman's defense team.
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/ben-kruidbos-it-director-fired-headed-information-technology-for-the-state-attorneys-office#ixzz2YymMn0jc

The George Zimmerman investigation was hijacked "in a number of ways" by outside forces, said the former police chief of Sanford, Florida.

Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, told CNN's George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice.

"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."

Two months later, Lee was sacked. City Manager Norton Bonaparte said in a news release, "The police chief needs to have the trust and respect of the elected officials and the confidence of the entire community."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/sanford-bill-lee-exclusive

Hurley had told his officers to avoid issuing criminal reports on young black males in High School, and to find alternate disingenuous methods of using the reports only for school discipline.   This process was an effort to support a false premise of improved statistics mandated by Miami-Dade School Superintendent Alberto Carvalho, who hired Hurley.

At the conclusion of the internal investigation Police Chief Hurley was suspended, and later fired.
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/04/16/part-7-the-trayvon-martin-cover-up-sgt-lourdes-hodges-trayvon-foia-14/

Sussex County