Author Topic: If it's not one moron it's another... This time, it's Markell  (Read 10166 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20090418/NEWS01/90418001

I'm sure I have been living under a rock, but this article addresses Markell's "wants" for gun control.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: If it's not one moron it's another... This time, it's Markell
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:39:55 PM »
Oh, and notice how someone open carrying started some of this crap?  Sorry, Im not a big fan of open carrying. But this just adds to my ire of the whole thing.  And yes, Im glad that we have that right to do so, but in Delaware -- the land of the ignorant regarding guns -- I feel it just causes more situations than its worth.  If you want to carry, get a permit. 

I know I know... I'll hear some crap for this.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 11:01:07 PM »
Moosie, while I would not want to open carry either the incident refered to by the paper wasn't due to the carrier but to the public over reacting for no reason. The problem lies with these people that believe the mere presence of a firearm equals danger. Lets just hope that the NRA and DSSP is able to defend our rights and defeat these bogus laws that only hurt us and make the criminals stronger.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 12:22:53 AM »
Moosie, This person was within their right to carry a gun in open, whether I agree or disagree with open carry is besides the point the fact is NCC wants to to enact gun laws that will infringe on our rights and in Delaware open carry is a right besides where will it end?.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

gun nut

• Life Member
  • this is my rifle and here is a pistol....
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 12:34:46 AM »
And the funny part of all this crap Markell is a gun owner.
Gun control is hitting your target

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 01:36:09 AM »
And the funny part of all this crap Markell is a gun owner.
But, Markell also has enough money to buy a private army to protect him.  For some reason, our society now believes that it is not acceptable to defend yourself, but it is perfectly acceptable to be paid to protect someone else.  And let’s not forget his current gig, with all of the DSP protection that he wants.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 01:50:44 AM »
Really wow

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 01:58:44 AM »
And, from that article comes my favorite TNJ forum-quote from today:
"I don't want to live in the wild west or have to worry about being caught in the crossfire in some public place when who self-described experts attempt to "protect" me."

Meaning, of course, "I'd much rather be shot dead by two gang-banger-wannabe's than maybe be protected by someone who is lawfully carrying a weapon."   

And for those that are just starting to carry, and thus may miss it – that quote is actually a teaching tool.  It, again, hammers home the problem with jumping in to “protect” someone when you have absolutely no idea what is going on.  I am quite sure that this person would gladly testify against me if I ever had to use a weapon to protect his or her life.  And I am quite sure that the person won’t “see the light” by me protecting him or her from the eternal dirt nap.

Carry safe, carry always, and carry on.
(Wow, I just had a flashback to seeing Kansas at the Balloon!)
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 12:46:07 PM »
You all bring up very good points!!  According to the article:

"However, the association may have to play defense on Markell's initiatives, as well as on House Bill 124, which would allow New
       Castle County to regulate the possession of firearms on county-owned or county-leased property.

The push for the bill stems from an incident last year when a man wearing a gun showed up at a county park where kids were
        playing. Parents called police, but the man knew the law was on his side and told officers he was within his rights to carry the
        weapon, officials said."

So, this guy shows up at a county park and is open carrying, no?  Its just one more thing to have to consider when you're carrying... open or not.  And yes, while I don't agree with open carrying, I do support the right to!

Moosie

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 10:12:15 AM »
Markell is using this isolated incident to push his very anti gun stance, someone needs to let him know this isn't California. >:(