Author Topic: Cop carries more ammo than most  (Read 3000 times)

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Cop carries more ammo than most
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »
Link didn't work.. this the story?
http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issues/articles/6199620-Why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/

in 56 seconds (while shooting .45acp. )..
"In this free-for-all, the assailant had, in fact, been struck 14 times. Any one of six of these wounds — in the heart, right lung, left lung, liver, diaphragm, and right kidney — could have produced fatal consequences…“in time,” Gramins emphasizes."

At one point Gramins heard a doctor exclaim, “We may as well stop. Every bag of blood we give him ends up on the floor. This guy’s like Swiss cheese. Why’d that cop have to shoot him so many times!”

Just shows that unless you were there you don't know what happened and you should keep your mouth shut.

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 04:33:50 PM »
I remember my father telling me the before WWII the locals in southern  Philippines would get high on Opium and charge the military base he was stationed. The would wrap themselves up with cloth & nothing would stop them short of a .45cal. He said they would just keep coming & in the morning they would dig deep trenches with bulldozers & push them in...He was a China Marine & carried a BAR.  Now I gotta listen to idiots that want to limit us to 10 round magazines. There are many stories out there that involve bag guys taking many shots & they keep coming. 

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »
When they sent my kid off to Kuwait in 2002, they told him he would carry only a 9mm pistol into battle because, as the tank driver, he didn't have room for a rifle.

So, I sent him two 30-round magazines for it. He received them only two days before 3/7 Cavalry led the charge into Iraq. The quartermaster gave him an extra hundred rounds of ammo to load the magazines.

First battle, a guy came charging toward him. As he told me when he got home, "I shot him dead center-of-mass with my Beretta, and it just pissed him off!"
So, naturally, I asked, "What did you do?"
"Well, I had one of those 30-round mags in the weapon, so I shot the mother***er 29 more times. Calmed him right down."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 04:58:18 PM by oldgraygeek »
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 07:06:54 PM »
When they sent my kid off to Kuwait in 2002, they told him he would carry only a 9mm pistol into battle because, as the tank driver, he didn't have room for a rifle.

So, I sent him two 30-round magazines for it. He received them only two days before 3/7 Cavalry led the charge into Iraq. The quartermaster gave him an extra hundred rounds of ammo to load the magazines.

First battle, a guy came charging toward him. As he told me when he got home, "I shot him dead center-of-mass with my Beretta, and it just pissed him off!"
So, naturally, I asked, "What did you do?"
"Well, I had one of those 30-round mags in the weapon, so I shot the mother***er 29 more times. Calmed him right down."

Its not funny, but the way you said it is funny as hell.

I had spoken to a couple marines that mentioned carrying 45acp. I thought they all  had to carry 9mm, but the one told me "no that is just what the cheap bast*ards that don't do the fighting issue us"
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 01:41:48 PM »

I LOVE THAT QUOTE ::)