Author Topic: List of approved CCW training courses?  (Read 54645 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: List of approved CCW training courses?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 01:48:03 PM »
I took mine through TrinTac.  I'd recommend them for their CCW class.  Their other classes?  Not sure.  Haven't taken them. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

trevor

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 07:51:22 PM »
Moosie, I'm looking for a CCDW class for the Mrs.

I just bought her a Ruger MarkIII 22/45 for training. CCDW weapon would be a future purchase.

Would you recommend TrinTac for a person with  no experience? 

Anyone else have training recommendations for a person brand new to guns?

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 03:20:29 AM »
Trevor, that depends. 

Has she shot a gun before -- EVER?  Has she loaded a magazine?  Has she had to remove and insert the magazine in the gun?  Does she know the parts of the gun??   These are things that she should have done (in my opinion) prior to arriving at class. 

TrinTac might be able to help with these things PRIOR to class.  You DO have to qualify with the handgun of your choice prior to receiving the "approval" of the course.

If she's never shot before... pay to take her somewhere and let her shoot the gun a little. Just so she's slightly familiar with the recoil, etc. As for the parts of the gun, magazine, etc... if you're comfortable with firearms, sit her down and try to go through it.  If you're not comfortable with it, find someone who is that can help her. 

Worst case scenario... she's going to be a little confused here or there during class, but nothing that should prevent her from getting the certificate. 

Some of the indoor ranges offer a plain ol' gun safety course / get to know your gun course.  This would be very helpful for her.  The one that I went through (years ago) explained how to break the gun down, how to clean it, etc. 

Contact TrinTac and see what they have for her prior to taking the class.  Carl has something.. I know he does LOL. 
www.trintacusa.com Carl Pace 302-355-1772

I'm also not totally against SHooters CHoice in Dover.  They have some good classes there... not sure where you live.  They also have a womens safety class there.  Might do her good to have someone else teaching her?  I refuse to teach my husband.  :)  Its the whole selective hearing thing.

Give a shout if we can help in any way.  Sorry to hear about your home being broken into.  I feel like I'm sitting and waiting for that to happen (praying it doesnt). 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 08:35:47 AM »
Well put Moosie.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

RickofNC

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 12:15:41 AM »
How does one get certified by the Delaware Board of Examiners?

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 04:22:50 PM »
For those of you in the down state area there's Marino Tactical Solutions in the Lincoln area south of Milford. Both Kirk and Steve are very good. Kurt is a LEO. I took my training from him about 4 years ago. Get your training in 1 long day instead of multiple night sessions.  I believe cost is still $150.00.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kirk-marino/5a/941/307
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 04:26:51 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Tonym

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 03:25:47 AM »
I took my class at trin tac. They were definitely expensive. And i feel like the class was really held back by people who knew nothing of how a gun works. At the shoot one guys gun jammed because he put a round into his magazine backwards. So if you dont know what youre doing dont worry, you wont be alone

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 09:34:05 AM »
For those of you in the down state area there's Marino Tactical Solutions in the Lincoln area south of Milford. Both Kirk and Steve are very good. Kurt is a LEO. I took my training from him about 4 years ago. Get your training in 1 long day instead of multiple night sessions.  I believe cost is still $150.00.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kirk-marino/5a/941/307

I got my training there also.  Barry was the instructor that day. Can't go wrong with these guys.   ;D
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 11:03:11 PM »
Barry is a nice guy.  He was in our NRA instructor class we put on.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

megacollect

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 01:57:51 AM »
kenneth mclaughlin consultant llc. just like anything else in the world of firearms, you get what you pay for. spend the extra money and learn from an actual police chief who has seen it all. he goes above and beyond of what is minimally required from the state of delaware.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 12:15:42 PM »
Ocean View.  Chief and son were in our class too.  Waiting for dates from them to hold another instructor class.
I have his Chapter 4 legal aspects of cc.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.